Event - Fest 16 Gainesville! | Squat the Planet

Event Fest 16 Gainesville!

croc

Reaction score
Anyone going to fest this year? Oct 27-29
I'm riding up with my partner and a couple friends. It'd be cool to hang out with some new people that weekend if anyone's around.
We're only going to a couple shows bc $$ but we're gonna hit up some local trails and parks.

croc

Reaction score
Yo yes I'll be going too!! One of the only good things that I look forward to when I'm living in Florida, hah. Which shows are you going to? I'm probably just going to get a pass
Fuck yes dude!!! I'd love to meet up with you. I'm going to the Hum and against me shows on Saturday. The venues we're gonna be at are Bo diddly plaza, 8 Seconds, and the boxcar (some of our fav local bands are gonna be at that one and it's free.)
Dude against me is my favorite band and reinventing is my fav full album by them. I'm so stoked!
What shows are you most interested in?

Koala

sleeps 22 hours a day, eats chutes and leaves
Reaction score
Website
ciggybuttbrain.wordpress.com
Yo, yesss! Against Me are one of my faves too! The only things on my schedule are also Hum & Against Me, Rainer Maria, the pool parties, and yeah some friend's smaller bands. Cannot WAIT for Reinventing in full <3

Oh yeah........wanna hit up Itchetucknee Springs when we're there?! :D

James Meadowlark

Sonic Reducer
Reaction score
I'm excited to see the Lillingtons this year- Huge Ramones fan (I'm old enough to have seen them live more than once) and Death by Television is as close as you're going to get if you weren't fortunate enough to have been born in time go see Joey et al live... There are going to be a ton of amazing bands (fucking Mustard Plug and Pegboy for crying out loud!), but IMO, the highlight of the event will be Gainesville's own Hot Water Music. Fucking amazing band, especially live.

I'm probably a lot older than most of the other contributors here, since came to Gainesville in 1991 for college, and so this line up is full of "classic rock" for me. I nearly burned a groove through my vinyl version of Pegboy's Three-chord Monte/Strong Reaction album and Mustard Plug's Skapocalype Now! was a soundtrack.

Incidentally, there are also some rumblings that world-class douche Richard Spencer is going to be speaking at UF sometime that same weekend having been previously put off for security reasons, and after threatening a lawsuit.. I'm guessing there will be lots of covers of this song, and it should be interesting to have a neo nazi in town with a ton of punks...

Reactions: croc

croc

Reaction score
I live in Orlando and have friends in Gainsville. I'm always looking to make new friends. Maybe we could meet up for some outdoors activities. Lot's of cool places to go.
I'll send ya a message

D

deleted user

Im headed that way soon also. Friend bailed so im solo. Dont know where im gonna stay..Guess i shouldnt chance tampa since ill probably run out of money if i do.

Pedal to the Metal

Pedal To The Metal
Reaction score
If you are camping there are plenty of places. Of my several years on the road I have found Gains villa very easy to find a place to squat. Great town. Been here all week and it's been so easy to find a sleeping space.
Im headed that way soon also. Friend bailed so im solo. Dont know where im gonna stay..Guess i shouldnt chance tampa since ill probably run out of money if i do.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads