1. Not like it changes anything, but we are obligated to inform you that we are using cookies - so, we just did. Learn More.
  2. Hey you! Yeah, we see you there, lurking! Well, this notice is just to let you know that there's several sections of the website that are available to members only! You're missing out on a lot of stuff by not signing up for an account! It's free, so what have you got to lose?
    Dismiss Notice

Event Fest 16 Gainesville!

Discussion in 'Events / Gatherings / Festivals' started by Lemonscenteddirt, Sep 24, 2017.

1. Lemonscenteddirt

Lemonscenteddirt is getting to know the place

Achievements:
    Slave to corporate America
    Ratings:
    +21 / -1
    Anyone going to fest this year? Oct 27-29
    I'm riding up with my partner and a couple friends. It'd be cool to hang out with some new people that weekend if anyone's around.
    We're only going to a couple shows bc $$ but we're gonna hit up some local trails and parks.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Koala

Koala sleeps 22 hours a day, eats chutes and leaves

Featured Threads:
    Achievements:
    Student
    Address:
    Miami, FL, United States
    View on map:
    Ratings:
    +471 / -3
    Yo yes I'll be going too!! One of the only good things that I look forward to when I'm living in Florida, hah. Which shows are you going to? I'm probably just going to get a pass

3. OP
    OP
    Lemonscenteddirt

Achievements:
    Ratings:
    +21 / -1
    Fuck yes dude!!! I'd love to meet up with you. I'm going to the Hum and against me shows on Saturday. The venues we're gonna be at are Bo diddly plaza, 8 Seconds, and the boxcar (some of our fav local bands are gonna be at that one and it's free.)
    Dude against me is my favorite band and reinventing is my fav full album by them. I'm so stoked!
    What shows are you most interested in?

4. Koala

Koala sleeps 22 hours a day, eats chutes and leaves

Featured Threads:
    Achievements:
    Student
    Address:
    Miami, FL, United States
    View on map:
    Ratings:
    +471 / -3
    Yo, yesss! Against Me are one of my faves too! The only things on my schedule are also Hum & Against Me, Rainer Maria, the pool parties, and yeah some friend's smaller bands. Cannot WAIT for Reinventing in full <3

Oh yeah........wanna hit up Itchetucknee Springs when we're there?! :D

5. James Meadowlark

James Meadowlark sola dosis facit venenum
    Lifetime Supporter

Featured Threads:
    Achievements:
    I work in the healthcare field (non-clinical)
    Address:
    Gainesville, Florida, United States
    View on map:
    Ratings:
    +46 / -1
    I'm excited to see the Lillingtons this year- Huge Ramones fan (I'm old enough to have seen them live more than once) and Death by Television is as close as you're going to get if you weren't fortunate enough to have been born in time go see Joey et al live... There are going to be a ton of amazing bands (fucking Mustard Plug and Pegboy for crying out loud!), but IMO, the highlight of the event will be Gainesville's own Hot Water Music. Fucking amazing band, especially live.

I'm probably a lot older than most of the other contributors here, since came to Gainesville in 1991 for college, and so this line up is full of "classic rock" for me. I nearly burned a groove through my vinyl version of Pegboy's Three-chord Monte/Strong Reaction album and Mustard Plug's Skapocalype Now! was a soundtrack.

Incidentally, there are also some rumblings that world-class douche Richard Spencer is going to be speaking at UF sometime that same weekend having been previously put off for security reasons, and after threatening a lawsuit.. I'm guessing there will be lots of covers of this song, and it should be interesting to have a neo nazi in town with a ton of punks...

• Like Like x 1
  6. Carlvanguyrios

Carlvanguyrios Appreciated Participator

Achievements:
    Waiter
    Address:
    Minneapolis, MN, United States
    View on map:
    Ratings:
    +60 / -0
    I live in Orlando and have friends in Gainsville. I'm always looking to make new friends. Maybe we could meet up for some outdoors activities. Lot's of cool places to go.

7. OP
    OP
    Lemonscenteddirt

Achievements:
    Ratings:
    +21 / -1
    I'll send ya a message

8. roguetrader

roguetrader Celebrated Poster

Featured Threads:
    Achievements:
    jack of all trades, master of none
    Address:
    Exeter, England, United Kingdom
    View on map:
    Ratings:
    +319 / -5
    thanks to this thread i am reminded of the Lillingtons and now seeking out Death By Television and other albums I missed - only ever had The Backchannel Broadcast which is total class….

9. Ian Coleman84

Ian Coleman84 Just signed up

Achievements:
    kitchen
    Address:
    Panama City, FL, United States
    View on map:
    Ratings:
    +0 / -0
    Im headed that way soon also. Friend bailed so im solo. Dont know where im gonna stay..Guess i shouldnt chance tampa since ill probably run out of money if i do.