Fav beer? | Page 2 | Squat the Planet

Fav beer?

roguetrader

Reaction score
Pale Ale , it's da Holy Grail - stronger and hoppier the better.... used to drink Carlsberg Special Brew (like Steel Reserve) til they fucked with the formula, upped the price and dropped % from 9 to 8......

@Anagor there's way better cider over here than Grumpy Jack - you tried Henry Weston's 8.2 % yet, glass bottle ? or if you wanna stick with cans how about Thatcher's Gold named after our beloved former first lady - actually tastes of apples.... also it's not cider but what about the fabled Buckfast Tonic Wine - as the saying goes 'if you want to get fucked fast, drink some fucking Buckfast'......

Anagor

Reaction score
Website
anagortravelling.wordpress.com
@Anagor there's way better cider over here than Grumpy Jack - you tried Henry Weston's 8.2 % yet, glass bottle ? or if you wanna stick with cans how about Thatcher's Gold named after our beloved former first lady - actually tastes of apples.... also it's not cider but what about the fabled Buckfast Tonic Wine - as the saying goes 'if you want to get fucked fast, drink some fucking Buckfast'......

No, never tried Henry Weston's so far, but will keep it in mind.

Had Thatcher's Gold quite a few times and yes ... it's a nice cider, I agree.

Buckfast Tonic Wine ... yeah had that as well. Interesting ;) taste.

In the last month in UK it was for me:

If it had to be cheap:
Crofters, 2 litre for 2 quid

If I had more money:
Scrumpy Jack
Just because it was the first dry cides I tasted
And most of my friends like it as well ...

When it comes to wine:
Sainsbury's Ginger Wine
Not just for the alc, I like the taste

Anyway ...

::drinkingbuddy::

;)

Anagor

Reaction score
Website
anagortravelling.wordpress.com
@Anagor - when you next in the UK ? maybe we could hook up and have a tasting session ! i'm in Devon which ain't that far from Bristol which I believe you sometimes visit

When everything is going as planned I will depart here on next Monday ... so at Tuesday in London ... then looking for friends there (but I dont know if they are there still) and then going to Bristol, yep.

Would be nice to meet you and having a tasting session. ;)

PatchTwist

Reaction score
Angry Orchard, Red's Apple Ale, and this odd little vanilla porter with a white mustache on the label that I found at MegaBev a while back. Flavorful and refreshing.

T

tennesseejed

Nothing Gold by: Bissell Brothers Brewery. I don't get to drink it nearly enough. Practically impossible to get on the road because I think the brewery is the only place to get it. When housed up I used to trade other beers for it to a friend who went up to Maine a lot.

Best IPA I have ever had.

Heath Bar

Reaction score
4325 Maryland St, San Diego, CA 92103, USA
just curious what everyone's favorite beer is. Not as in what you drink most often (like steelies for me) but the one you enjoy the most? I'm personally a fan of Sam Adams and Blue Moon
Check out anything New Belgium and Odells. NB just came out with a summer brew citradelic. Its a much better version of bud light lime.

awkwardshelby

Reaction score
Website
shelbycriswell.com
Looooove me some Arrogant Bastard. Very strong and leaves a bitter taste (if you like that) in your mouth for a while.

Artisan Ales also makes some pretty tasty beers and their label illustrations are outta this world.

But if we are talking cheap beer, I definitely vote PBR or a 40 of miller high life

T

tennesseejed

Looooove me some Arrogant Bastard. Very strong and leaves a bitter taste (if you like that) in your mouth for a while.

Artisan Ales also makes some pretty tasty beers and their label illustrations are outta this world.

Artisan ales rule! Have you tried the Prarie bomb imperial stout? Killer.

awkwardshelby

Reaction score
Website
shelbycriswell.com
Artisan ales rule! Have you tried the Prarie bomb imperial stout? Killer.

Dang, haven't seen that one around, I'll keep my eye out for it. I don't normally go for fruit stuff, but their 3rd anniversary raspberry foeder is super good. Not sure they still make it, but I had it a month or two ago.

Odin

ANTISOLIPSIST
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Dragons-Milk-Logo.png

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads