Fav beer? (1 Viewer)

dumpsternavel

Wayfarer
Current Location
Fuck Off Land
Website
m.soundcloud.com
just curious what everyone's favorite beer is. Not as in what you drink most often (like steelies for me) but the one you enjoy the most? I'm personally a fan of Sam Adams and Blue Moon

Click here to buy the Anarchist's Guide to Travel!

GoldenColts

Lurker
Current Location
Lincoln, Nebraska
just curious what everyone's favorite beer is. Not as in what you drink most often (like steelies for me) but the one you enjoy the most? I'm personally a fan of Sam Adams and Blue Moon
I can't drink steel reserves, hurricane high gravity, or any of the high abv double malt beers anymore. just make me want to start dry heaving after any large enough swig they taste so foul.

For "normal" beer it's probably a six pack of Old Milwaukee Regular or Pabst Blue Ribbon. Both are about 5 dollars everywhere in the region i'm in and are mad pleasant to drink.

For "nice" beer sam adams is really consistently good. The "hopscape" product they just put out is awesome and I buy it whenever I can. If i'm at like a gas station and they don't have shit I just get Stella Artois or Blue moon though because I like the pleasant but interesting sort of flavor.

iamwhatiam

Burrito fund contributor
StP Supporter
Current Location
Darrington, WA
A good IPA for me. I looove hoppy beers. I'm really fond of Sierra Nevada's Torpedo Extra IPA. And I was recently turned on to Topcutter's Bale Breaker which is pretty damn good.

OP
dumpsternavel

dumpsternavel

Wayfarer
Current Location
Fuck Off Land
Website
m.soundcloud.com
I've never been a fan of IPAs or any hoppier beers personally, most people tell me that's cause I'm not a beer enthusiast but hey... I like what I like haha

Last edited:
PBR in a bottle is prob the best beer I've ever had.
[emoji89][emoji41][emoji89]

Sent from my iPhone using Squat the Planet Mobile

Bedheadred

Rambler
Current Location
On the road
Seattle area has rainier beer, that's my favorite cheap beer but you don't see it anywhere but the northwest :( but I love love love IPAs, especially Sierra Nevada, lagunitas, and dogfish head

MolotovMocktail

Subverting from within
Staff member
Current Location
Bellingham, WA
Seattle area has rainier beer, that's my favorite cheap beer but you don't see it anywhere but the northwest :(
Ah yes, good old Vitamin R. I'm not big on beer but when I do drink it it's usually Rainier or PBR. I mostly stick to liquor when I drink.

Anagor

Wayfarer
Current Location
Bonn, Germany
Website
anagortravelling.wordpress.com
My favourite drink is not actually beer, but very popular in UK: cider. Scrumpy Jack, I like most.

When it comes to beer: Bitburger is the one I like most for the taste. In UK I had often some strong Polish beer (like 8-9 percent alc). Can't remember the names atm (let alone the spelling).

Right now I drink mostly Perlenbacher, cheap beer you get at Lidl here for 29 cents/0.5 litre ... :)

::drinkingbuddy::

tacopirate

Rambler
Current Location
I love IPAs as well. Guinness is made favorite beer though, I have it tattooed on my arm. Not beer at all, but I drink 4loko all the time (I don't know why).

Mongo

Rambler
Current Location
Cleveland, OH
When it comes to cheap stuff I head straight to king cobra, a 40 is just enough for a good buzz without being too schwilly.

Good beers: sierra nevada pale ale or boulevard pale ale. I also love lost coasts great white and sharkinator. Of i had to pick an ipa it would be ninkasi total domination.

Too many favorites to mention.

Rob Nothing

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Current Location
171 Market St, Newark, NJ 07102, USA
Near slaughtered siding in ausxtin there was a station selling leininkugel's grapefruit shandy for 75 cents a bottle for New Years. 75 gd cents! first time in my life I could afford to buy something tasty.

Ballast point, for instance, is terrific.. and so is the Belgian trappistes rockfort. They expensive af but worth it when yer feeling already like a pos spendthrift.

Anyway, Guinness for me. Don't care what anybody says.

Coywolf

Mastering the Art of Houselessness
Current Location
Utah
Website
www.youtube.com
I dont know about ya'll, but the first time I was in possession of Steel and orange juice at the same time was a fucking life changer. So.....yer telling me....I can still have the 8.1 % I love, without the barley-and-trash-juice-rotting-in-aluminum taste I hate?! Glorious.

If I had a choice though, it would probably be either Black Butte porter, Ninkasi Vanilla Oatis, or whoever does that awesome Almond Nut Brown ale. If Im drinking it to get drunk.....Steel or High Life.

Kuchi Kopi

Current Location
Wilkes-Barre, PA
Good question. I used to be a pbr guy but they seemed to have changed the recipe so I go with bush on a budget. Like a few folks said I can't do 211 or the rot gut stuff. My all time hands down fav is this brew called Loud House they brew here in NY. Its like santa cross dressing in your mouth. Ive heard the warm butter beer from harry potter is the shiz nittle bam, though.

iamwhatiam

Burrito fund contributor
StP Supporter
Current Location
Darrington, WA
i forgot to mention - if you love the taste of coconut, try Kona Brewing Company's: Koko Brown beer. It's a seasonal beer (I think they put it out in summer) that's brewed with real toasted coconut. You wouldn't ever think to pair coconut with beer but it's pretty damn good IMO. Maui brewing company also makes a coconut beer but I haven't tried it yet as it's a bit more expensive

Benji91

Gone Walkabout
StP Supporter
Current Location
Sydney, NSW
Website
www.instragram.com
There's a couple of local brews out here that are fucking amazing (when I can afford them!).

One Fifty Lashes Pale Ale, Stone & Wood Pacific Ale (this stuff is literally like nothing else), Boddies and there's a lager I can't recall the name of that Rock's Brewing in Sydney made that's just fucking lovely.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$35.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $35.00 of $50.00
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $35.00 of $75.00
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully his will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $35.00 of $100.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $35.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.

Latest Status Updates

Watch out Australia! Tay is flying in on the 24th!
It only took three cities over three different time zones, but I finally got to meet up with @IVth. And, lemme tell ya, it was worth every mile. What a mensch!
dumpsternavel wrote on Erinn Oface's profile.
I wanna see more of your arrrrttttttt
I made it to dayton with time to spare, i went belen/kc(for supplies)/chicago(i got robbed)/indy/dayton. Besides getting robbed in chicago the trip has been great, quick trains good kickdowns and a nice 2 ride hitchhike to dayton.
io2286 wrote on coolusername123's profile.
Hobosexual- someone who has a relationship to get a place to stay
Happy friday the 13th!
Hmu or send something my way
Cheers!
It takes forever to do profiles via smartphone.. I'll fill this out on a laptop later.. me and my wife, Straps, recently moved from NC to central Ohio and are looking for like minded folks. Oldschool punk and metal etc is our tastes but not limited to. She does Vocals as well as I.. I also play bass. And am currently working on a demo. Think serial killer true crime punk.. not 'horror punk'.. true horror, yes.
*will update tonight
wheels are made for rollin/mules are made to pack/I never seen a sight that didnt look better lookin back
walking in the forrest playing funeral doom ambient metal on teh headphones, ahh bliss!

Members online