fall winter tour | Squat the Planet

fall winter tour

Gabriel Pullman

Reaction score
Got my bike all loaded, new panniers and handle bar tape. Need a mat and tune up on thursday and new chain .Couple more days of work and get paid. Heading south to k falls via train from Bend, and bike to mt Shasta and Yreka and down the trinity alps hwy 3, and go do harvest and trim

Attachments

• 20180917_100044.jpg
    20180917_100044.jpg
    922.5 KB · Views: 380

Coywolf

Make America Freight Again
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Hell ya! I freakin' love the Oregon Trunk.

Sounds like a great plan, safe travels!

ResistMuchObeyLittle

Reaction score
Sounds like a fun trip! Who makes those panniers? My bike setup looks so loaded down compared to yours- like I'm ready for the Zombie apocalypse or something. Safe travels!!!!

Gabriel Pullman

Reaction score
Novara or something.rei.
Consignment shops tho for deals.
Waiting on the north bound to pass.
Engine already unlocked . Water inside.luckily tho the window was locked it's the double doors and you can just pull both towards you and make a hole climb in .
Bike out back on the canadian grainer porch.panniers front in trash bag along with everything else heavy outta of the back panniers and off the bike.
Come on k falls. Spilt used oil on my shoes at work today. Need a Wal-Mart
No north bound for almost twelve hours. Hoping straight shot after we start moving.
Bike from k falls to shasta tomorrow.
pot farm called.where are you.
Like fuck can't a hobo just get a break.

Attachments

• 20180929_004136.jpg
    20180929_004136.jpg
    614.3 KB · Views: 324
  • 20180929_010519.jpg
    20180929_010519.jpg
    665.5 KB · Views: 314

Gabriel Pullman

Reaction score
Made it off in k falls Yard by the cows corals and tingley rd. Broad day light , waved at the bull.or security in BNSF SUV jeep like.
My acid trip wore off thank God .beer and sleep in macdoel Ca
Idk if you see it but there is a circle on my shasta like a melted or something .thats the entrance to the city inside i bet.lol beer and sleep in weed.sucks weed so windy, no fire.

Attachments

• 20180929_090623.jpg
    20180929_090623.jpg
    640 KB · Views: 324
  • 20180930_172309.jpg
    20180930_172309.jpg
    373 KB · Views: 330

Dunedrifter

Reaction score
Hopping a train with all your gear AND a bike?! Now that is fucking badass!! I personally believe the word “epic” is pretty overused, but imho, when you look up the word “epic” in the dictionary, there should just be that picture of your bike on the train for the definition.

Gabriel Pullman

Reaction score
Any helpful advise welcome
I'm going south to Redding or red bluff on UP line from k falls.
Should I get off in Dunsmuir/ or weed , hitching south to 36hwy or 299.
Or stay on the UP and hope it gets closer to my hwy I need to get too.
I have never ridin south past Dunsmuir so I am unfamiliar

The plan all along was wait for snow in Oregon and head south from Bend to bike parked on the coast near Arcata and start south on the 101. I've done the ride from here to there and back . Twice .
Now a part of the road taken by foot or in car. But I have yet to bike south from Arcata. Week of scattered showers as I arrive . My solar panel arrived early And is waiting at the bike. I've enjoyed the winter . Now that it has arrived enough to wanna go. Im out.
Seeking to get to bike by Monday.

Last edited:

Dunedrifter

Reaction score
36 is currently closed due to flooding; 299 is the way to go, but can be a bitch hitching out of Reddingneck. All the roads in NorCal have taken a beating from storms this week, and more are forecast through next week.

Gabriel Pullman

Reaction score
Thanks dune drifter . Cause my bike is in mckinleyville.at the end of 299.
Got some work , snow removal today so I guess hitch to Redding and buy local transit bus west on 299 outta the RABA station in Redding where the druggies just shoot in public .Only thing is there is bus the 1st and 3rd Saturday of month . And might mean I get stuck hitching from willowcreek or stuck in Redding west end of town. Still in Bend, right by the where the add end should park going south unless it hits reed market to cc and sit.
Snow is foot and half,
More where plowed by road . Up to my thigh.
I know it's very oogle of me. But I want a dpu, or gondalo

Reactions: Dunedrifter

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads