Experiences wearing punk vests traveling | Squat the Planet

Experiences wearing punk vests traveling

Thor and Broomhilda

Dirty Kid king
Reaction score
Looking for good and bad experiences traveling in punk vests. I just got adopted and taken in, punked out face tattoo, gauges, and punk vest. Got a tent shoes And first hundred dollar bill flying in my punk shit

Thor and Broomhilda

Dirty Kid king
Reaction score
What kind of question is that?! Yessir I have! Hey man are you jesus? Cause your walking on water! I can't get off this chair cause I can't swim. . . . . great film. I was the roadie for The Nasties, kicked it with dirt cheap drugs, area, kill crazys, met the Enigma puzzle piece guy, dino sex the naked drummer from the murder junkies kissed me on the lips after we sang scumbags on stage, I go and tell my buddy from dirt cheap drugs and he's like DUDE DINO KISSED YOU ON THE LIPS MAN. . . . he only kissed me on the cheek. . severely disappointed...anyways, punk life, watched all the old movies. . . . I'm just new to traveling wearing a vest, I always greyhounded and carneyed it up for years. . . new to Hitchin

Chazten

Reaction score
Pahahaha to answer your question I have zero experience wearing vests of any sort, but I enjoy anarchy, I enjoy travel, I occosaionally get sweet kick downs, recently got taken in with the option to stay.

But punk vests? Nope, titles and trends never much appealed to me. All about the FUNCTION baby

Prometheus

Reaction score
Almost got shot on the border of Washington and Idaho ( Lewiston I believe) wearing my vest with an upside down flag back patch. Biker threatening us and flashing his piece and I just shrugged like "come at me". He left and ever since that I've only had positive responses. Don't wear it anymore though since I got on a plane last time, it's covered in broken off knife blades going back two years so I was sure they'd question that pretty hard.

Reactions: RobHASboots

Thor and Broomhilda

Dirty Kid king
Reaction score
True. Iv always worn punk vests and jackets just wondering if it gets you more or less rides or what. I try go keap the anarchy shit on it to a minimum so I dont look like antifa and get jumped. Lots on natives and blacks give me the nodd mexicans call me el Diablo loco. . . . . lots of good experiences. . . .

D

Deleted member 8978

I'll check out the benefits of wearing a vest both good and bad. But I would rather wear it when I am riding or when I am away from a public road.

THE REAL SCAVENGER

Reaction score
For real ... fuck yer punk vest. It really isn't functional. Now, a fishing vest with all them pockets....that where it's at. But hey why can't you sew patches on your very functional fleece jacket that you stole from goodwill?

WizardBlown

shake hands with beef
Reaction score
Almost got shot on the border of Washington and Idaho ( Lewiston I believe) wearing my vest with an upside down flag back patch. Biker threatening us and flashing his piece and I just shrugged like "come at me". He left and ever since that I've only had positive responses. Don't wear it anymore though since I got on a plane last time, it's covered in broken off knife blades going back two years so I was sure they'd question that pretty hard.
i grew up in lewiston sounds about right

Anagor

Reaction score
Website
anagortravelling.wordpress.com
Now, a fishing vest with all them pockets....that where it's at.

My fisihing vest like:

vest.jpg

Bought it for cheap (like € 10) just for the pockets. Turned out to be quite useful (especially the inner pockets with zippers ... stored almost everything valueable to me (smartphone, tobacco, paper notebook, documents) in there.

It used to be plain black as I got it but now it's heavily faded, obviously. Needs repairs, though. Before I hit the road again I will do some sewing work.

Most of the pockets are either half ripped off or have holes. Not good for storing things if they keep falling out all the time. ;)

noothgrush

Reaction score
When I was in my early 20s I wore some loud ass shit and met some cool people because of it. These days I prefer not to draw attention to myself.

D

Deleted member 20

I have worn my punk leather jacket that has a removable insulated liner almost always while traveling in all seasons & regions.

My bitches are as follows for my full leather jacket:
As I keep my patches on with safety pins they are always opening up while rubbing with pack & I loose pins all the time. The good thing is that these are easily replaceable.
The other bitch I have is that this leather eventually will absorb water if I am out in the rain enough so I usually carry a waterproof goretex jacket as well.
Third bitch is when I leave Massachusetts in Feb & finally get to the warmer areas of the south/
gulfcoast, I am overdressed & sweating my ass off.

My vest (below) is just for summer but I could also start rocking it over my coveralls more ( I sewed some patches but still uses pins) #ridesoloridesobah
but would also still need to wear a piece of outerwear for cold falls/winters.

As my arctic parka is just too warm once I get anywhere warm, unless I am staying in cold regions I dont even take it with me p.S ( there aint shit punk about that parka unless ya dig military grey & synthetic white fur)

Attachments

• 20190114_202043.jpg
    20190114_202043.jpg
    571.1 KB · Views: 364
  • 20190114_202016 (1).jpg
    20190114_202016 (1).jpg
    755.6 KB · Views: 330
Last edited:

Anagor

Reaction score
Website
anagortravelling.wordpress.com
As I keep my patches on with safety pins they are always opening up while rubbing with pack & I loose pins all the time. The good thing is that these are easily replaceable.

Be careful not to prick or scratch yourself with the opening up safety pins while carrying your pack.

I have a few scratches from safety pins that hold together my raggedy jeans ...

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads