Ever have or meet somebody with a bird? | Squat the Planet

Ever have or meet somebody with a bird?

• Thread starter Deleted member 24394
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 125

People with their own vehicle yea of course. But I've never seen/heard of anybody hitching or riding trains with a bird, I sure as hell wouldnt pick somebody up who had tucan sam on their shoulder. I don't think I need to make the list of reasons having a bird with you wouldn't be the brightest idea hopping freight.

Plus...birds shit constantly. It's hard enough to deal with my own sometimes unpredictable "uh oh" moments let alone having a bird making rangus all over me.

Odin

ANTISOLIPSIST
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I raised a sun conure from a baby chick once upon a time... feedin formula with a syringe and keeping her warm... I would call her choo choo... (not train related) and kiss her as she hoped around my shoulders on my blue work shirt and shit all over...

She would nibble my ear and hide behind by hair.

Happy times.

D

Deleted member 125

I raised a sun conure from a baby chick once upon a time... feedin formula with a syringe and keeping her warm... I would call her choo choo... (not train related) and kiss her as she hoped around my shoulders on my blue work shirt and shit all over...

She would nibble my ear and hide behind by hair.

Happy times.

View attachment 50807

That is, without a doubt the most wholesome thing ive ever seen you post.

Odin

ANTISOLIPSIST
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Don't know what ever happened to user JohnnyMarie?? but yea we had a pet conversation in pm about that/pets long ago...

think that stp'r had a Labrador...

I like animals...

I'm currently in love with a silver pit bull white starburst chest... .. (not mine... but she runs and jumps up at me when we chill at the Park!) \\
\
she just wants my beer... the lush!

haha

yeah
\

Reactions: AAAutin and croc

heroinjane

Reaction score
Sup guys, have any of you ever seen anybody traveling with a bird or travel with one yourself. How did it go?

I own a duck who was found in a drained pond with a broken leg. Unfortunately he can't travel right as he is not allowed to move too much until the leg heals but it shouldn't be much different than most pets only thing is keeping them safe from predators when you sleep mostly. If they are bonded with the owner they won't go too far away especially when they are unsure of things around them. Thinking of traveling with a bird eh?

MichelleA66

Burrito fund contributor
StP Supporter
Reaction score
They make bird harnesses and these. You can wear it on your chest with your pack on your back 🤷🏻‍♀️

Attachments

• IMG_20231106_124849_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20231106_124849_HDR.jpg
    759 KB · Views: 11
  • Screenshot_20231022-095652.png
    Screenshot_20231022-095652.png
    357.3 KB · Views: 11

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads