Essential Gear List

Guy Chouinard

Reaction score
I will be a vagabond in about 3 months. That being the case, I am getting rid of things I do not need. I'm hoping someone can point me to a list of essential items one must have for going nomadic and living out of a backpack.

EphemeralStick

Andie of the House of Queer
Reaction score

Guy Chouinard

Reaction score
Thank You. I did use the search function, perhaps I did not use the right key words. But thanks.

Rhubarb Dwyer

Fragrant Vagrant
Banned
Reaction score
I did use the search function

The search utility isn't perfect.
Sometimes, you can get better results if you start a new thread--not intending to submit it. Then, enter a title based on your search terms and check out the suggested threads that popup below.

Gallon Ziplocs will save lots of your shit from rain, dew, sprinklers, dog piss, human piss, spilt beer, regurgitated beer, et al. As with condoms, double them up during high-risk behavior. :D

VikingAdventurer

Guardian of the Knowledge of the Wastes
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
As with condoms, double them up during high-risk behavior. :D

Don't do this with condoms. The latex-on-latex (or "non-latex", whatev.) causes exponentially more friction, and severely increases the chance of condom breakages/failures.

I only know from experience; thank gods nothing came of it.

Lob

Reaction score
Does anyone have any suggestions for a sleeping bag stuff sack. I ought a cheap but nice sleeping sack but the stuffsack is falling apart and ive been on the road 2 weeks

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads