Eno Sub7 hammock | Squat the Planet

Eno Sub7 hammock

Peregrin

Reaction score
I acquired the hammock and Eno Atlas straps today. It's comfortable but I'm curious how many of you have used this on the road? Could I get different straps to allow me to mount to structures like support beams, or will the straps I have grip fine? How do you feel about sleeping in it? I normally sleep on my side or stomach on a firm surface, but I think I could sleep in this. It's super breathable and felt nice in a light breeze today, but how would you insulate it if need be?

Brother X

caput gerat lupinum
Reaction score
Website
www.thepsychopath.org
normally sleep on my side or stomach on a firm surface, but I think I could sleep in this. It's super breathable and felt nice in a light breeze today, but how would you insulate it if need be?

I have something similar I use on the trail. I sleep on my side and find it comfortable. For insulation, I just crawl into the hammock with my sleeping bag. For rain, I use my bivy sack. Just watch out if you roll in your sleep. I flipped myself out of the hammock once, but only one time. Now I seem to remember where i am, even when sleeping. :p

Last edited:

Peregrin

Reaction score
So far so good! I even managed a nice nap. The wind was strong enough to rock me lightly, AND I didn't roll out into the drink!

Attachments

• 20160621_155606_HDR.jpg
    20160621_155606_HDR.jpg
    246.2 KB · Views: 349
Reactions: Brother X

Brother X

caput gerat lupinum
Reaction score
Website
www.thepsychopath.org
Good job! When I flipped out of mine, I slid head first, on my back, down a 50 degree incline in the dark. ::blackeye::

Peregrin

Reaction score
Jeeeeesus! That'll wake you up quicker than a cup of coffee. I was a little nervous getting in and out as the tide fell out on me and the dock lowered after awhile, but as someone who has spent years reentering kayaks, I'm all too familiar with the 'ass in first, then everything else' approach.

Will Wood

Reaction score
I'm looking for a lonely place to hammock camp in Portland. I have found a small pillow under my neck and one under my knees helps me be comfy in a hammock..

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads