Ecws fleece aka bear suit

RSTY802510

[NERD]
Reaction score
Just got one for 12$ who else has one?

Doobie_D

The Slack Action Hero
Reaction score
thinkin about goin that way. What is your opinion about it so far? Any downsides you can see? Im planning on doing some extreme winter rides this year. The bear suit seems like some awesome bang for the buck. Apparently its got a "take a dump zipper"? I can dig that!

Reactions: RSTY802510

RSTY802510

[NERD]
Reaction score
thinkin about goin that way. What is your opinion about it so far? Any downsides you can see? Im planning on doing some extreme winter rides this year. The bear suit seems like some awesome bang for the buck. Apparently its got a "take a dump zipper"? I can dig that!
i have the top. i got it for 12$. i had the opportunity to get the bottems but i didnt have money at the time.
the fleece is so thick that i wear it as a jacket alone. and if its really cold i wear a mountain hardwear dryQ
rain jacket on top and it keeps me toasty. you should look into the polypro longjohns to wear underneath too. the bearsuit is by far way better than the gen3 polar fleece. and its rugged material too. worth the money man. if i were you i wouldent hesitate to get one. the front pockets are kind of thin but that doesnt reall affect the performance of the jacket. as for the dump flap idk.

RSTY802510

[NERD]
Reaction score
probably really fuckin cold and the bear suit jacket i got is really rugged it just gets those fuzzy things that sweaters get on the outside. i wouldnt wear anything cotton underneath although you probably already know that. try to find these http://www.rangerjoes.com/Polypro-Bottom-Heavyweight-P2516.aspx you can get them just about anywhere for dirt cheap. i wouldent waste my time or money on the gortex shell though. its trash. just put on your longjohns and your bearsuit and cram yourself into some bibs or apair of insulated coveralls and you should be warm as hell.

D

Deleted member 20

I have a few sets. I prefer the current gen olive drab versus the brown. Heres a tip, never put them on the dryer. They shrink & get real rough on the skin.

D

Deleted member 20

I actually only have the ecws polypro thermals not the bear suit. I haven't worn those so can only speak to the mid weight thermals under goretex shells that have been warm enough while active in cold regions. I use a thin under amour type polypro base layer in combination with the other pieces.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads