Dry bags... if outdoors they will pay for themselves. | Squat the Planet

Dry bags... if outdoors they will pay for themselves.

cport420

Reaction score
A dry bag that has the fold top is the shit. They sell them cheap at wall mart. Prolly easy to jack. Keep clothes dry and even fill up with water and wash your shit in there. i've hid my shit in the woods for a long time. I've even used them as a ghetto fridge by digging a hole in the ground and keeping the dry bag down there with food or drinks in there. Collected rain water with them. Love them. And cool thing is I got mine a year or so ago on sale and still have them. They have been outdoors the entire time. And better than trashbags. I got tired as fuck when I'd tear a hole in a bag and water get in and soak my shit.

urbanflow

Reaction score
dry bags are the absolute shit. i dumpstered a broken sea2summit dry/compression sack and even without the compression straps this thing is awesome. roll it up and squeeze all the air out or pop my clothes in it and they stay bone dry.

Reactions: cport420

wildwerden

Reaction score
I just got one of those cheap dry bags from walmart. Glad to know they are holding up for you well! may go grab another one or two later this week.

iamwhatiam

Burrito fund contributor
StP Supporter
Reaction score
yep....they are staples if you live along the water and do any amount of boating or kayaking

cport420

Reaction score
Got one I keep clothes in and use for food for 5.00. The bigger one houses my ghetto blanket hammock and a thick blanket that cost round 10.00. Figured they could also be strapped to an external backpack too.

cport420

Reaction score
Well here is a new very nice thing that I discovered a few weeks ago. I've been staying in a pup tent with a sleeping pad and sleeping bag instead of my usual hammock tarp setup this year. I keep all my stuff hidden when not there and was visiting my spot while burning some time and just smoking. Well my smallest dry bag I've been using for my sleeping bag. I grabbed it to use it as a quick thing to sit on since the ground was wet but I didn't feel like pulling all of my stuff out. Well turns out a sleeping bag makes one hell of a seat. And you can fix the opening with the flaps to control the air flow out of it. Its almost like a bean bag or something and works with the ground being wet as fuck. Cause these last few weeks its been wet as fuck. And that of course sorta sucks after a while.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads