Driving to Alaska thru Canada (pandemic) | Squat the Planet

Driving to Alaska thru Canada (pandemic)

Flatlander

Reaction score
Hi All,

I’m curious if anyone on here has experience driving to Alaska thru Canada while the border is closed.

Canada currently allows it if you’re going to school, a permanent residence, or a job. The last option is what I’m wondering about specifically. I’m thinking about going wwoofing up there and I’m wondering if some sort of documentation of that intent would fly as a “job.”

Thanks

CouchPunx

Reaction score
Hi All,

I’m curious if anyone on here has experience driving to Alaska thru Canada while the border is closed.

Canada currently allows it if you’re going to school, a permanent residence, or a job. The last option is what I’m wondering about specifically. I’m thinking about going wwoofing up there and I’m wondering if some sort of documentation of that intent would fly as a “job.”

Thanks
What month you thinking about? If you time it with cannery work you could probably get an actual job offer (then just don’t work)

• Agree
Reactions: Flatlander and MFB

Flatlander

Reaction score
Hey, where in Canada are you starting ? :) I'm in NB and looking to find someone to travel with in Canada
Hi there,

My idea to travel north didn’t really develop anymore. I’ll be starting to work in Glacier National Park in a few weeks here, and will be going thru Waterton, Alberta pretty often to access my corner of the park. When / if the border goes back to normal I hope to hang out in Waterton and the Canadian Rockies a lot. Let me know if you are in the area.

best of luck

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads