Don't want to die in Florida. | Squat the Planet

Don't want to die in Florida.

CoyoteAnnabis

Reaction score
Howdy howdy all! Name is Coyote.

I had an account here years back, but hell if I can remember the name (RIP braincells). Wasn't active much anyway.

Used to travel a fair bit, locally, around central FL (Trucky/Tavelsized), Fell into the rat race, settled down, got chewed up and spat out. I love some of the roots I've laid down over the years, but as I get older, I realize I absolutely do NOT want to spend the rest if my life in Florida.

My feet are getting itchy again. If nothing else, I want to see another state one more time, even if I do feel pulled back. Hoping to meet some decent folks who can make that trip a bit more interesting, wherever and whenever it happens.

Rubber tramping is my preferred means of travel. Bad knees and back makes any other way difficult (partly why I settled down).

So, yeah... that's me, I guess.

CoyoteAnnabis

Reaction score
Hey what's good! I'm also trying to get out of Florida, preferably through rubber tramping. I haven't gotten a vehicle yet, but what kind do you have/use?
Seems like everyone in their right mind is trying to get out of Florida. I've got nothing at the moment as far as a vehicle, besides my bike, but I'm hoping to have a van or an old station wagon by the end of summer. Every time I have cash to get something, the deals disappear.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
if you want to PM me your previous account info i can hopefully find it and merge these accounts if you want. welcome back!

MetalBryan

Reaction score
Hey I'm also trying to get out of Florida lol.

I'm not in a hurry I came to Miami for the winter to chill and ride bikes... but I don't want to be here in the summer so I'm trying to get out by April or May.

severe

Reaction score
I’m in Fort Lauderdale at a half way (tryna do the sober thing for a minute) and then hopefully save up for a somewhat functional van by the end of the summer and head up the east coast. Wanna do trains but I got hit by a car a minute ago and now everything hurts real bad. Hit me up if any of y’all wanna kick it in fort laudy

JoTheLynx

Reaction score
Howdy howdy all! Name is Coyote.

I had an account here years back, but hell if I can remember the name (RIP braincells). Wasn't active much anyway.

Used to travel a fair bit, locally, around central FL (Trucky/Tavelsized), Fell into the rat race, settled down, got chewed up and spat out. I love some of the roots I've laid down over the years, but as I get older, I realize I absolutely do NOT want to spend the rest if my life in Florida.

My feet are getting itchy again. If nothing else, I want to see another state one more time, even if I do feel pulled back. Hoping to meet some decent folks who can make that trip a bit more interesting, wherever and whenever it happens.

Rubber tramping is my preferred means of travel. Bad knees and back makes any other way difficult (partly why I settled down).

So, yeah... that's me, I guess.
I'm in an extremely similar situation. The settling down in FL to find I'm not wanting to sit here forever. I'm headed West and also prefer to rubber tramp. I haven't gone out in about ten years, but it's the only thing that seems right. Are you still wanting to leave?

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads