Dogs in vans problems?

marmar

Reaction score
Website
soundcloud.com
On my part, just showing concern for the dog's welfare. Nothing more, nothing less. To be honest, if an animal is locked in a vehicle during hot days, with OnLY the windows cracked, I probably would call the police. If windows are completely down, then No.
It's very American, to show concern for dogs welfare, without showing concern for a human's.
I would never call the cops on anything that is not of my personal business and threatened me or another human. Different culture values

I saw traveller kids,loosing, stealing, being completely irresponsible with their pets. Very rare examples are when a kid has the same dog for more then a couple years. But it never came to my mind to call a cop on any of them.
I also walked dogs for living and saw all kinds of living arangemwnts for them. One of very wealthy customers, with a huge house in expensive area of NYC locks their dogs in the bathroom for all day, for example, so they don't shit around expensive house. Do I think it's the best for dogs? No. Do I judge her? No. The dogs are totally fine. My dog that lives in the van is happier then some of those, tho, that I know for a fact.

Linda Hansen

Reaction score
Then I must be a rare American. Problem is, humans can (and do!) lie. Dogs don't. At least, not that I've ever caught one in!
All life is sacred. But animals depend upon us to take proper care of them. That means that if it's hot outside, dogs, cats, gerbils, what-have-you, don't get locked in a vehicle with the windows rolled completely up, unless the car is running with A/C turned on. To be sure, some vehicles run very quietly, making it impossible to tell that they're running. So, I would say: check the exhaust. If you feel pressure from it, it's running.
Also, stop and realize that not everyone truly cares animals. You do, and take precautions to keep your buddy from being hurt or injured, or worse. Doesn't mean that everybody is like that. Why do you think laws regarding animals being in the vehicle during extreme weather were made?

marmar

Reaction score
Website
soundcloud.com
Why do you think laws regarding animals being in the vehicle during extreme weather were made?
I think that laws are made to control people.
I also know that a lot of stupid people get hysterical about laws.
And since they are really bad with using common sence and really good at enforcing the law on their neighbor, they would call cops for the dog in a car in winter(north east), for example, when there is no clear indication that the dog is suffering whatsoever.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads