dog friendly indoor spaces? (1 Viewer)

We sell all kinds of other stuff in our Etsy store!
D

Deleted member 2626

I closed my account
Yeah a lot of outdoor stores allow dogs. Lowes and home depot supposively doesn't because of an incident in Cali. But some might still. I always look for places where I can eat outside with the dude or tie him outside and then come out

K

Kim Chee

I closed my account
This place is as pet-friendly as it gets, their slogan says it all:
image.jpg

http://www.petco.com/

Last edited by a moderator:

MFB

Forum Guru
Reaction score
When it's hot I'll often bring my dog into various places (she's very well behaved) and if anybody says anything I says she's a service dog...I have seizures and she detects them prior... -totally untrue but super effective. Surprisingly more often that not no one says anything to me. I know in CO you don't have to carry your dogs service papers in public; there was a big lawsuit a few years ago for a cop erroneously kicking some guy out of a fair for not having his papers for his service dog. I think it's similliar in most states but never had the need to research it.

D

Deleted member 2626

I closed my account
What papers? I've never been asked for papers, just a tag has sufficed with my dogs pack. And I've taken public transportation across the country a few times.

MFB

Forum Guru
Reaction score
I was referring to certification/registration for service dogs...which I knew were mostly scams that give you a piece of paper that means nothing.
As I said I've never researched it as I had no need. Just did some quick perusing...I had wrongly assumed there was a federal or state agency that 'registered/certified' service animals...which there is not. Only programs that certify you and your animal completed their training.

Under federal law, the americans with disabilities act, no certification is needed. Any dog can be a service dog, so long as their owner has a disability.
The law also prevents business owners and public servants from asking any questions other than "if it is a service dog?" and "what task does he/she perform?"

Good to know. :)

D

Deleted member 2626

I closed my account
Yeah exactly. Had a greyhound driver in Rayon NM ask what the confirmation number was and I said I don't know these are his tags. He warned me that any trouble and he'd boot us. I haven't really used the tags in sometime, being that I really pride myself on absolute truth and worry of what if shit did go sour. .

MFB

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Blaaa...greyhound. That's a shitty thing for the driver to say considering he drives for greyhound...Id be willing to bet your dog was one of the cleaner, more intelligent passengers on that bus.

D

Deleted member 2626

I closed my account
Oh yeah he's about as intelligent as a dog can get besides guarding his food from the hand that feeds. He even one time jumped on a Amtrak conductor in excitement and we got through that too without trouble or getting kicked off

dumpsternavel

Wise Sage
Reaction score
Website
m.soundcloud.com
Truthfully almost any bar/gas stations in Pocatello, Idaho are dog friendly.

I believe hearing that Sox Place, which is a drop-in center in Denver is dog friendly. Haven't personally been there, though.

Alchemy Coffee in Salt Lake City, Utah is super dog friendly.

The Wooden Shoe Bookstore in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania can be dog friendly.

That's all of the specific places I can think of, at the moment.

Users who are viewing this thread

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $10.00 of $50.00
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $10.00 of $75.00
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully this will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $10.00 of $100.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $10.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.