do you vote?

wokofshame

Reaction score
Website
www.weather.gov
As things are now I am dismayed and quite disillusioned. I didnt vote for Obama but i though he would really change things. Well he started out wtih 2 wars, now were in 3 or 4 including pakistan. i wrote my mom in for president, well at least the gov't is bankrupting itself out of existence, maybe thats how itll all end, kinda like the Soviet Union

Nelco

Reaction score
no.
i'm below the income bracket from my vote to be accounted for and i want nada to do with the systematic ways of big ol' brother.

jughound

Reaction score
When i got my voting card in the mail, i folded it in half and ripped it up. a spoiled ballot says "hey, I'm very, very unhappy". a no show, says "Fuck You, and your system:club:".

outskirts

I ain't getting any younger.
Reaction score
I used to vote. Then I woke up and realized that all politicians are just political whores. They don't gives two shits about the voters. But they sure care about their big contributors.

acrata4ever

Reaction score
i dont vote anymore. you cant unregister if you switch to independent you get harassing calls from both asshole parties. "If voting really changed anything it would be illegal to vote" -Emma Goldman

krystlemeth

Reaction score
politics are all opinions and chance. they gamble with our lives, i pay no debt. i don't vote. i refuse to vote for someone that i don't believe in. in a world that i don't believe in. the same world that lectures me on my "rights as a woman". you know what my rights are as a human? to do whatever the FUCK i want. no matter what any man with a pretty badge says. because i am a sentient being.

VTRTraveler

Reaction score
In the beginning I never had the guy I voted for win, the bonds I always voted against, passed, the school budgets I voted down, passed. It just seemed that I was wasting my time. My views are opposite the populous. Them= Lets have kids, have tons of debt and get the guy who looks like me into power. Me=Hate kids, debt sucks, elect the guy why will shake the cage to get the status quo riled and hope for real change. Basically the system sucks, american society sucks....the only way to fix it is to rip it down and rebuild. Voting does NOTHING

plagueship

Reaction score
i voted once, when i had just turned 18, for the green party candidate for governor, and the republican won. oops.

i guess i would vote again if i was eligible to vote in an election that seemed like a close call, like the outcome would actually have some significane, and i didn't have to spend too much time or energy doing it. so... not holding my breath... i do want to point out that these are purely practical, rather than principled considerations.

also, for the sake of devil's advocacy, i'd like to point out that a lot of what's being expressed here (while i sympathize with the sentiments) fits perfectly with the tea party/constitutionalist viewpoint that would like to once again restrict voting rights to property-owners, and possibly raise the voting age. it's just that instead of changing laws to prevent the young and landless from voting, you just voluntarily decline to vote. but in a sense you're giving what some of you probably think of as the 'ultimate bad guys' just what they want. so what do you all think about that?

outskirts

I ain't getting any younger.
Reaction score
I say what is the point in voting, I get to vote for some "pollutician" who's then going to vote however he/she wants on issues which I wish I could have a say in. I get to stare at a voting machine panel, with generally 2 choices, knowing full well that either choice is not gonna represent me when it comes to my views, nor will they change anything. You can keep your representational democracy, it does not represent me. Politically we don't get gagged in this country(much), but we sure get cuffed!

crazy john

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
when i was stuck in military school at 15 i was forced to register, but since i was under age it wasnt worth a shit. i still am un registered and dont vote simply because i dont feel its necisary to participate in a political process that i dont follow anyways. i make my own laws and try to provide for myself the best i can while trying to do any type of harm to as few people as possible and have a ton of respect for others who do the same. not that those who participate in politics dont have any respect, i just dont respect people who blindly follow leaders just because there "in charge". politics are difinatley somthing that effects everyone all around the world, but i just choose to ignore it to the best of my ability and do whats right for me, aswell as trying to help others if i can and have the means. politics seems, at least to me, to only try and do whats best for the higer ups on the ladder.

RVLG

Reaction score
No, I do not. The parties in the U.S. are all the same, essentially. It's all an auction. It doesn't matter for whom one votes, because politicians WILL screw you over in a society where only the rich have power.

fr33rang3r

Reaction score
i have voted in every election since i turned 18. and i wrestle with that question 'do you vote' every time.

its hard for me. it actually psychically hurts me at times and i wrestle over it alot. /shrug but then that's how i function ;)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads