Do you identify as asexual | Squat the Planet

Do you identify as asexual

Rob Nothing

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
If so; openly or no? Describe it.. ? what does it feel like to be what you are, whatever that is, if you identify as asexual to any extent at all.

For me it's like running the correct software, on the correct hardware... only the software is too experimental and not patented to be compatible with mainstream interfaces. I'm a fucking Linux.

Also, people are boring. As the years roll on it is harder and harder to find anything in least bit impressive.. when you've run through people like the rain in numbers and in all measures of proximity and contact.

I'm waiting for baseball sized hail, now, so to speak. High standards I guess. Nothing short of a skull crusher is going to turn me on anymore.

Reactions: Batsy

OutsideYourWorld

Reaction score
Website
outsideyourworld.wordpress.com
I suppose I am generally. I don't generally care for nor "need" sex, and usually not even having much contact in general with people. I don't think anyone really knows what I mean when I talk about not caring about "connection" for the most part, and never talking unless spoken to. I tend to feel alone in this mindset, but it could be because others who I know simply don't ever feel the need to mention it.

I find I get bored really fast by people as well. It's not that there's anything wrong with them, I just find most so draining or I just can't find what they're talking about/doing to be very interesting. I'd rather be off doing something alone.

As for sexual feelings and contact.. Maybe once or twice a year i'll meet someone cool who I get that involved with, but those seem to come very far and few.. I tend to have a fair amount of chances but I don't pursue anyone. Things just fizzle and disappear. I almost think I prefer the idea of people rather than seeing and experiencing them face to face.

As of recent, I've been identifying as asexual. I never really thought I was.. I've had sex but it's always just been a thing I did cause I thought I was supposed during the time of the relationships.. I never had desire, or physical feeling for it.

I do desire touch though, cuddling, making out is fun, things like that but nothing further.. Just like @OutsideYourWorld, I get bored of people way too quickly. The slightest thing they do/say turns me right off.

It can be hard building romantic relationships as people desire the sexual aspect which is the biggest downfall of being asexual, I guess..

I can't seem to find people sexually attractive, however I'm still attracted to people but just not sexually.. I didn't choose to be an asexual but it seems to be very apparent that I am.

OutsideYourWorld

Reaction score
Website
outsideyourworld.wordpress.com
I remember the last girl I tried to have some kind of relationship with, a few years ago, and she couldn't stand how I only wanted to meet up once a week. Which in turn made me more turned off of her. I usually tell girls how i'm quite hermit'ish and don't require human connection most of the time, but most just laugh it off as some kind of sarcasm or "i'll change you, har har."

I think once i've had my fill of humanity i'm going to be a hermit on the side of a mountain... With a field of dogs.

salxtina

Reaction score
It can be hard building romantic relationships as people desire the sexual aspect which is the biggest downfall of being asexual, I guess..

I can't seem to find people sexually attractive, however I'm still attracted to people but just not sexually.. I didn't choose to be an asexual but it seems to be very apparent that I am.

Yeah this is where I'm at basically, which I guess is what draws me to the idea of having open relationships with people, ie, it wouldn't be a problem/limitation for the other person...but then sometimes people take that to mean "I just want something casual," which is not what I want to convey at all.

Z

zipty6425

I think the proper title is "too many problems to have healthy relationships". No sex sucks! No relationship sucks. But it's not fair to drag someone else into your mess.

Rob Nothing

Banned
Reaction score
Speak for yourself.. I speak for my own.

Only problems I have is getting needs met because I have zero tolerance for bullshit, and bullshit is the name of the game.

It has nothing to do with relationships and everything to do with attraction. I'm just not attracted to most. I am an extremely sexual creature.. yet no one up to standard that I can find.

But I know there are others like me, that are asexual for reasons various and complex.. sexuality or lack there of is a very complicated thing.. and it's interesting to hear the explainations that no one is ever prompted to give.

Last edited:

nivoldoog

Banned
Reaction score
What is Asexual? I have been abstaining or celibate for many years now. I seriously don't know what the difference is for these words.

GremIin

Reaction score
If so; openly or no? Describe it.. ? what does it feel like to be what you are, whatever that is, if you identify as asexual to any extent at all.

For me it's like running the correct software, on the correct hardware... only the software is too experimental and not patented to be compatible with mainstream interfaces. I'm a fucking Linux.

Also, people are boring. As the years roll on it is harder and harder to find anything in least bit impressive.. when you've run through people like the rain in numbers and in all measures of proximity and contact.

I'm waiting for baseball sized hail, now, so to speak. High standards I guess. Nothing short of a skull crusher is going to turn me on anymore.

I had sex a lot when I was younger because it was something I thought I had to do. I hated every time. It wasn't fun and it didn't feel good. Eventually I realized sex was not obligatory and I was asexual. It feels like whenever someones trying to turn me I'm, my brain just hits a wall. I like kissing, cuddling, holding hands, making out. Further than that and I get really uncomfortable. Kinda hard to find good relationships considering I'm also polyamorous, but I'll get there someday.

busynesses

Reaction score
i identify w/ asexuality a lot. it was pretty much just watching my friends and peers develop interest in sex n shit, and not feeling it myself. to this day i still haven't.

i'm relatively open about it, but i don't rly feel the need to talk about it. it's not a big deal.

sex and intimacy is just not something i want to experience. my feelings on the subject range from neutrality to disgust at the idea depending on my mood. but it's always feels like a type of vulnerability that i do not want.

if i ever bring it up, the majority of people are neutral about it. sometimes people will say something along the lines of "you should think about that more, maybe you just don't know yet" which can be irritating but is completely fair since i'm young.

but ya, to me it's the exact definition of the word. i don't experience sexual attraction and don't want to! it's very simple in my mind which i am glad about.

Reactions: Rob Nothing
D

Deleted member 2626

Good thread. I too am bored with mist people, as we can all typically guess from a small list of things to come from their mouths and then further conversation usually turns into bull shit. I'm sort of asexual too as I really don't care if I have sex or not. It's sad all the examples you get of people who settle for less. Why? Because society says you need someone at all times and that your a loser or fuck up if your alone. If I need to get off my.hand does what I want and I get release and continue on with whatever I was doing when I wanted to do it. Like Outsideyourworld said I too believe I do my best with society and humanity awhile longer than probably drop off for most of the rest.

D

Deleted member 2626

I had a few years of late teens where I pursued any chick I could just for ass. It was my sometimes other self stuck on a certain stimulation. But even then I only ever with the 11 or 12 girls I've been with ever had a few great orgasms. I swear I've had better ones with myself. . .So that too influenced not really pursuing females. I always laugh how many girls out there in this square world would want a guy who spends most nights in a tent, despises most social events and wants nothing to do with career or wealth

duderino

Reaction score
Website
slothsbigadventure.wordpress.com
I used to think I was asexual, but I'm attracted to women without a doubt. It's more that I'm just not worried about or into pursuing sex/relationships. It might have something to do with losing my virginity sort of later than most people. Or it could be because I shot heroin for the first time a couple days after losing my virginity and the H felt a lot better. I don't do drugs anymore, and I haven't had sex in a long time, but I still think the drug cravings are worse then sex cravings. Sometimes it feels like my sobriety alienates me socially because I don't like meetings and going out to parties and shit are too tempting to get back into the drug life. I think if I was more social, I might have a better chance at getting laid, but I really am just not that worried about it. I still enjoy life and am pretty happy without having sex on the reg.

Reactions: Rob Nothing
T

tennesseejed

I wouldn't consider myself that. My reasoning is if the right situation presented itself, chances are I'd be down, but I never ever try to go looking for someone to hook up with. I ain't got time for that happy crappy. It's sort of lost its luster to me.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads