Diy self defense?

A

AlwaysLost

The problem with a knife, IMO, is more that you don't really have any non-lethal options. A knife in the liver will stop anyone, but it'll do so more than most of us would want I'd wager. I do carry a knife, but it's just a tool for me, not a weapon.

I dunno about the golf balls though. They don't seem heavy enough to have any real stopping power. As much of a reputation as it has for being a "dirty" weapon, I honestly think a smiley is probably a good option for a lot of people. You can hurt someone pretty bad with it, but you'd have to put some real effort into killing someone with it generally.

Personally though, I don't carry a weapon. More than anything else, I just keep my head on a swivel and avoid fights. If it somehow becomes unavoidable, I'm confident enough in my own ability to throw down without one (and more confident about that than in my ability to keep from hurting someone with a weapon).

You shouldnt have much trouble finding a student for mcmap bro. I know id even pay if i could afford it.

Athena212

Reaction score
I did ninjutsu for a bit and found it very street savy. Lots of useful little traveler's tricks to be learned there. Judo is good for ladies or smaller less confident peeps

dumpster harpy

Reaction score
Every marine I've asked about MCMAP (which isn't that many) has said it'll just teach how to get your ass kicked in a barfight.

• Haha
Reactions: Odin
A

AlwaysLost

Every marine I've asked about MCMAP (which isn't that many) has said it'll just teach how to get your ass kicked in a barfight.

lmao gotta love Marines, Killers with a sense of humor...

"A wise man once said that when death smiles at you, all you can do is smile back"

caffine addict

Reaction score
A knife can be use for close range, you would need one of these if you want to knock someone out but not kill them (I mean you can get someone a concussion and maybe kill them).

Attachments

• 20180518_112412.png
    20180518_112412.png
    611.7 KB · Views: 257
Reactions: Jerrell

CelticWanderer

Reaction score
I carry a thick, hardy walking stick with me everywhere. It usually looks harmless and ive no problems with the cops. I had an aggro tweaker harrassing me as i was walking through nashville, so i just starting slammin the stick into the ground as i was walkin and he got the idea and took off. Also good for thwakin pissed off stray dogs that want yer chonies.

Reactions: best guess

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads