December Suicide Awareness

PrisMiQue

Reaction score
So many truths written.
m currently helping a loved one and its sad to see where his sickness has brought him. He told me he's been experiencing thoughts of suicide. I'm trying my best to help but I won't lie it's a lot of pressure on me. I can barely afford my own needs and bills. I don't mind feeding and sheltering him but I am tight on funds with court bills and whatnot trying to drown me.
I have been telling him to take his meds ɞєċȗѧṡє һєṡ ɞєєṅ ɢєṭṭıṅɢ ẇȏяṡє
ıvє ṡєєṅ ṃєԀṡ ẇȏяҡ ғȏя ṡċһıẓȏƿһяєṅıċṡ ṡȏ ıṃ һȏƿing һє ẇıʟʟ ɢєṭ ɞєṭṭєя ıṅ ṭıṃє.

ᏆℋᎯℕᏦ ᎽᎾU
ṭȏ єṿєяʏȏṅє ẇһȏ һѧṡ ṡһѧяєԀ.

• Sad
Reactions: Mankini

salxtina

Reaction score
I just want to share how deeply harmful it was for me for people to pressure me to take drugs, call my feelings and struggles a disease, etc. I had to leave behind a lot of people in my life because they insisted on talking to me that way and it just wasn't safe for me to be around.

creature

plastic wingnut in a microwave
Banned
Reaction score
Salx, hi..

hi.. yeah, i understand..

when i was a kid i just slipped in under the wire, before the psych-med industry realized how easy it was to manipulate the parents & 'guardians' of minors to believe they needed a corporate 'resource' (i.e. psych meds) to bring the behavior of non-conforming youth who could nor bear institutional 'education' into a state of 'viable adjustment'... that shit is really, really, really super fucked, & is criminal on the face of it, on the order of fucking war crimes..

the rational is obviously based upon a method of social control which not *only* is less expensive than the amount of $ required for mainlining the soldiers & weapons necessary to suppress that sector of the population, but *also* returned a profit for both corporations & the state, much as the current prison system does.

this 'color' of 'professionalism' and cultural patriarchy which is only interested in sustaining itself so that those whom profit from & live off its economic dynamics is an out & out criminal lie propagated by fuckers who either:

1) wish to do as little physical labor as possible in order to maintain their physical comfort, or;

2) or who are otherwise good, but have been raised (& thus indoctrinated) into the belief that those whom decided to climb up the non-physical academic ladder are clearly & sufficiently greater intelligence & posses an implicit ethical superiority which justifies their decision towards the confinement of modification of what what would be otherwise reasonable human beings outside of their judgments & conditions of cultural constraints which are clearly artificial, in that they are created and mandated by the need for survival within a techno-industrial culture, *even if that culture is not actually required for peacefull human coexistence*...

there are also issues of managing direct exploitation, but that shit is so filthy & disgusting that there is little point in describing it..

that's why fuckers like us get it hard.

the simple sentence is:

"we just don't fit"

& not fitting makes it hard for others..

& others, who are too weak to do what we do.. (i am no fucking tower jumper, or freight rider or 7 mile a day trekker, or (now, being 2.5 & more my age, when i did, for many years) a multi thousand mile a year hitcher..

simply seek to make life easier for themselves, rather than fight for the change of civilization..

& really, that is what we do, fucked up or not..

we not only enjoy what we are given, when the giving is good (a place to cook & sleep, in peace.. a stream to wash in & not be chased off, or whatever..) but we ***fight*** to ********continue******** to be what we are, even if that fight means merely taking the risk to do so.

what a fucking shame that other humans have been.... i don't fucking know.. programmed?
something certainly worse than either brainwashed *or*, equivalently, *medicated* (by fast food & fucking luxury) to believe that others who seek the basic simplicity of defining themselves by interacting with their environment and others *outside the scope of forcible social control* is something they are somehpw doing *good* by..

it is, of cource, a major *****WTF????*****

in many ways it is as bad as if the nazis had won, at least in europe, because what american social control professionals do to social dissidents is *at least* as great as what they would have done in their attempts to 're-educate' whatever fuckers did not agree with them..

Suicide, on the face of it, is *not* an indication of the abnormality of an individual..
i would suspect, often.. often, often, often..

it is the recourse of individuals who chose to destroy themselves, rather than destroy others more deserving of it..

& so frankly?

a lot of these fuckers are *heroes*, in my fucking book..

peace,

c

creature

Banned
Reaction score

RIP Alex. He was an artist, I'd like to share some of his art here, this was his deviantart gallery:
http://sharkshock.deviantart.com/gallery/

looked at your friend's art..

the self portrait was the best..

the other pieces held the busy-ness of that basic desperation to get away from the confinement of being other than born under the open skies..

when you think about it, & look at the fucking evidence, the *real* illness is present in the pseudo-humans who propagate, without resistance, a civilization based upon genocide, & associatively, slavery.

the next sin is that of mandating that human self determination should yield to industrial production..

"can't ride a horse here, son..it gets in the way of all these concrete & metal things"...

the absurdity of what we have done is beyond tears & beyond the tragic..

if we all offered ourselves up, beyond the scope of comfort
or enjoyment
or even the savor of asserting that we are in the right, and pissing all over the works of our enemy..

if we laid down & fucking died so that those whom valued us at some basic fucking level would evaluate what *they* truly value,
they might get a goddamned fucking idea that *everyone* has fucking rights, & that to live without them is not to live, at all..

the Great Fucking Thing about fucking America
is that you can travel, to a certain degree, unmolested...
(i know, i know.. cops, bulls, scared locals, etc.. BUT.. generally.. no fucking soldiers... the cops *are soldiers, yes, but their personal discretion is far broader than, say, an MP..)

this Great Fucking Thing, however is not so fucking great when you look at how squirrely you have to be in order to enjoy it..

it is *having to *be* fucking squirrely that complicates shit (which should otherwise be totally fucking simple) that drives people into the conflicts generated by the existential evaluations mandated between the considerations of freedom & self determination & identity or social acquiescence & acceptance, and the cessation of personal existence when we, as individuals, must choose between imposed unhappiness (slavery) or being unable to be what we most truly are..

yer friend alex, sister, sad as it is

was fucking Hardcore

& a goddamned Hero..

& i would suspect that if he *can* be where Peace is,

he Is,,,

Last edited:

PrisMiQue

Reaction score
@salxtina I don't know you or what you're going through and I respect your voice on this topic and personal input
I've happened to know a few people diagnosed with severe schizophrenia. It's not like bipolar or depression, it's in my opinion one of the hardest and scariest things I ever seen Someone I love go through.
Schizophrenia can make people believe the most off thing and lead to reactions that can have permanent consequences, Like life in prison.
Unfortunately there are many cases where this has happened.

With all the people I care about who have been diagnosed with this diseases and take their meds (the ones found to be best) have been able to get back into enjoying the world. Become someone and have relationships.
Seeing them without treatment is devastating. Non-functional and suicidal. completely Ina different place with no grasp on reality
Drugs may have triggered their symptoms and may have lead to the chemical Imbalances. This is why I tell him to take his med. he needs something to get his brain's balance back.
Right now is day 5 that he's been taking them and it will take any where from 2-6 weeks to see a change.
For many the symptoms don't completely go away but they are less frequent and duration is shorter for what I was told by someone who is now a functional schizophrenic. before meds this person was completely lost in another place and there was literally no communication.

Meds are serious. I wouldn't tell him to take it if I didn't think he needed too. It's a chemical thing (science) not a control trip or religious matter, he has to regain the balance to think clearer.

Good for you! Meds are no joke. I hope you are feeling better :)

PotBellyFatGuy

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
a short while ago, a few centuries or even less, a schizophrenic or any disorder that showed its face was supposed to be someone who was possessed by the devil. if you were a woman, you were guaranteed to be called a witch and then (rightfully) killed off. society believed all this bullshit for tens of thousands and thousands of years before modern science. hard to believe but imagine how many lives were lost because mental illness was classified as having to do with superstitions like the devil and all sorts of gods. terrible.

before i was schooled (in college), i was raised in a religious household. i had no idea of belief vs. knowledge, logical reasoning and its tools, the scientific method, how to distinguish and clearly diagnose a behavior or disease based on objective criteria and not one's opinions or feelings, etc. etc. all modern western inventions. i too believed that all of this was some bs from a supposed "god."

a guy (or person) like the one described in this thread would still in modern day be considered possessed or something with satan in many countries. just last week a kid (age 15) chopped off his hand for blasphemy against muhammad from islam. he said a few words against some dead guy who may not even have existed. that's not the kicker though. everyone in the village congratulated him! imagine if this kid had symptoms like the person in this thread? watch the video. the village guy says he was very proud of this kid. stunning how a majority of the world thinks.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-35341256

Last edited:

creature

Banned
Reaction score
Mr. Belly, Salx, Ms. Q & all..

The thread originally references just suicide.. the original references to meds was their forced application, as opposed to valid therapeutic use... and the specific consequence being the loss of Alex..
& of course as Queen directly noted, living healthily is the best form of medication (Hippocrates: "Let your food be your medicine, and your medicine be your food").

I chimed in because i, also, have seen compulsory medication and institutionalization *result* in suicide, rather than help the individual in any substantive way..

I agree strongly (though not entirely) that in instances of biological failure, compensation by chemical methods can be justified.. however strong my agreement is, though, it would be made with equally strong reservations..

that being said, i sure as hell hope anyone that anyone cares for & loves *benefits* from chemotherapy, rather than it inducing a loss of quality of life for the sake of them being made 'manageable'..

my take on a lot of suicide is that it is induced by individuals being forced into conditions where they *must* refuse any additional compromise, in order to maintain their sense of self identity...

people do not just up & kill themselves.
they are in pain, as all of us know, for reasons.

any one of us can point to any number of great, critical factors which bear upon the major fuck ups of our civilizations.. food processing, voting inequality, descendant forms of slavery.. a lifetime could be spent naming & fighting them all.. the *biggest* one, however, is *laziness*..

it is *way* fucking easier to just kill folks than tolerate them (when it can be done easily)..
it is *way* fucking easier to just manipulate people with lies or limited information, than to learn & teach.
it is *way* fucking easier to just medicate people, with drugs food, or *whatever* that keeps them distracted from whatever it is that will make them an issue of management, should they ever learn how beautifull freedom truly is, when their heads are not fucked with...

that shit comes from people whom desire to *devour*..
- the ones whom cannot get enough, and whom, because they cannot get enough, decide to ascend into power..

& it's funny, you know?
the people who **don't** want power are the ones most best fit to serve..

& then there is the fact that it is *way* fucking easier to just accept being fed, rather than going out & growing your own.. it is fucking *easy* to be oppressed, when yer fed, right?

fucking right.

in the *majority* people who commit suicide from depression don't commit suicide *because* they are depressed, they commit it because they have no other fucking option.

& *fuck* saying "there are always other options'..
that is a goddamned fucking cop out..

the *only* other fucking option is armed fucking insurrection..

period.

& people who are full of love, compassion, understanding & hope
***have no fucking desire***
to have to take up arms against other humans, no matter *how* fucked up they are..

that is why war is fucked up.

*war*, when you get down to it, us mass fucking suicide, & it's sad, because wars are *not* something initiated by individuals..

but the result is the fucking same..

i dunno.. the folks who have the balls to off themselves do *not* deserve pity..

generally speaking, they are *brave* & *hardcore* motherfuckers..

they see the choice, & they know *entirely*, the equation between the pain of others & the pain of their Self..

& it is *not* that they do not care..

it is their very love, perhaps, which drives them to do the only thing they are able (rightly or wrongly concluded, but with the same intent of living as they wish they were able to) in relation to being able to actually & truly *act* in a manner that brings them to some kind of equivalence with the fairness & equity they wish existence held in the first place, so that they could actually ****live****, with some sense of at *least* meaning (& probably servitude) towards wheat they perceive is kindest & best..

*****who the FUCK**** wants to live, when living means they have to be a shit or a tool of shits???

nobody.

even *shits* don't want to be the tools of shits..

but a *real* shit will fight to *be* a shit, while a person who *isn't* will fight.. fucking *FIGHT*, of course,
to not be.

& they will fight to the fucking death.

& a death where they will not kill..

the *main* thing is that these fuckers are probably the most hardcore among us..
perhaps the neediest, in some ways, but also the least compromising..

there is *no way* to satisfy the thirst for freedom via compromise..

& the reason for this is *not* because freedom cannot compromise.. it does, all the fucking time..
freedom is fucking Love..

the reason is because Freedom
is fucking

fair.

at the minimum.

after the minimum, as freedom becomes greater, freedom next becomes

kind..

fucking kindness is fucking optional, so the fuckers that are kind get the Brownie Points from the

Power(s)-that-Be

*nobody* knows what it is to love somebody, until their child is in their arms..

my brother, fucking conservative fucking republican that he is, told me that.
it is one of the greatest pieces of wisdom i have ever heard.

people who have the Love to treat others as their children are the poor fucking bastards who get hit the hardest..

*they* have the sense of equality..

& *equality* is the basis of freedom...
it is, essentially, synonymous with "fairness"..

the mistake of the shitpeople is asserting validity towards "freedom is doing what you can get away with".

the point here, at Squat The Planet (at least here, but very explicitly *here*) is to present a venue that may give options to others..

why fucking snuff yourself, of course, when you can talk to other people who can help you manage your needs to constructively create, meaningfully subvert or otherwise *physically escape* the constraints that keep you from being what you most intrinsically are?

*winning* is not about being the only one left.. that's what the control-fucks are all about..

the fucking kings & interbred, genetically deficient & snooty dynasties ultimately resolved to family control..

winning is about being able to scream at the Sky

but to be caring enough to not do it
when others
are

sleeping..

anyways.. rant rant rant...

peace,

c

Last edited:

Mankini

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
Prismique you seem like a really caring, kind person.
Caring is good: Compassion will save the world.

As far as Nihilism is concerned, I personally have found in it a wonderful panacea for all sorts of ills. When things get tough, boring, or meaningless, inject a little chaos. Not too much: chaos is a spice like saffron or cumin...just a little is enough to add what's needed. Psychiatric suicidality is one thing. Better for such people to be surrounded by love and TLC. And with a holistic healthcare regimen many of these can be helped. ...But existential suicidality, or Durkheim's Anomie, is a somewhat more complex subject. That's where nihilism comes in. I lived with hundreds of people who felt listless and deprived of purpose on a massive military base. Everyone's ennui grew, including my own, till i decided to paint my face, pull on some spandex, and fight for money. I openly mocked both civilian bloodlust and bloodsport fanaticism; that of the military; and every other American cultural norm i could transgress against. Machismo. Tribalism. You name it. If societal mores are driving you to the brink, dismantle the civilization that pushed you there.

Last edited:

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads