News & Blogs Death Toll From German Music Festival Rises

M

Mouse

It was so stupid of them to have that tunnel/overpass area be both the entrance and the exit. it's a cattle chute with opposing traffic patterns. With a crowd that big they should have had enter/exit at completely different sides of the event.

but I guess no one foresees a stampede to begin with.

wizehop

Chasing the Darkness
Reaction score
The planners are supposed to foresee any problems like that. How crowds react to given situations has been studied for years and even in business school we learned about the movement of people, mind you on a much smaller scale. They definitely fucked up and as free as everyone wants to be, when it comes to shit like that they need to be herded like cattle.
Its unfortunate that over one incident they cancel the festival. The deaths had nothing to do with the music what so ever, and with attendances like 1.4 mill + it obviously means something to some people-mind you 19 less now.

LeeevinKansas

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
hmm.....that never happens......ive been to my fair share of raves stateside and european, as well as in japan, and ive never heard of this before happening. maybe ppl get their shit stolen or sold bunk stuff, or maybe a drive by shooting once in a great while, or stabbing, but never a stampede. I laugh at you germany. I laugh at you.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads