Dear kids... | Page 7 | Squat the Planet

Dear kids...

TanMan

Sheeeeeeiiit.
Reaction score
Website
el-aventurero.tumblr.com
I really enjoyed this post. As a kid who's gonna be hitting the rails and whatnot soon, thinking about how I'm going to be making money and assessing and re-assessing my street smarts(?) it's good to hear stuff like this so I start right and stay grounded. I'll definitely remember these.

Reaction score
That was great, I *really* agree with everything you said. Being an asshole to people never did anybody any good, sharing a little alcohol and a cigarette here and there will come back to you on karma and people will remember it.

nati

Reaction score
a good example of this bullshit i was in tucson arizona on 4th ave and i usually travel alone for these exact reasons so theres a group of kids and there just yelling at people telling them to give them money completley disrespectful anyways one of the kids goes hey man you wanna give me a dollar right to some guy and doing exactly what i would have done he said fuck off then i said man nobodys going to give u a dollar doin that shit man i said watch how its done lol i proceed to a trashcan a couple feet away from me outside mr headies bar and grill i get in the trashcan and hide a black dude walks up and light his ciggarette i jump out of the trash can and say spare change for white trash?he laughed his ass off and gave me twentey bux i thanked him sincerely bcuz i was hungry and quite thirsty i said see? and went on my way

MFB

Reaction score
I dunno which is more likely to have actually occurred; you seeing a black dude in Tuscon, or him giving you 20 bux. :O

PS-Water is FREE!

Beegod Santana

Reaction score
not to beat a dead horse or anything but...

" SHARE BITCH!! Like I said earlier, that money doesn't belong to you. If you got something for nothing, fucking share it with other people who have nothing. Some of the most generous people I've met where also straight up junkies. Few things piss me off more than someone banking with a sign who then hoard it for themselves as if they earned it legitly. Don't worry, what comes around goes around, I'm living proof."

When I say that $ doesn't belong to you, it really doesn't. It belongs to the local economy of the kindness of the residents of the place you're passing through. Hoarding it and spending it all on 4loco and bali shag for yourself is just the same thing jem dealers do to Africa. Stealing a local economy's resources and giving it all to a foreign corporation.

CXR1037

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
not to beat a dead horse or anything but...

" SHARE BITCH!! Like I said earlier, that money doesn't belong to you. If you got something for nothing, fucking share it with other people who have nothing. Some of the most generous people I've met where also straight up junkies. Few things piss me off more than someone banking with a sign who then hoard it for themselves as if they earned it legitly. Don't worry, what comes around goes around, I'm living proof."

When I say that $ doesn't belong to you, it really doesn't. It belongs to the local economy of the kindness of the residents of the place you're passing through. Hoarding it and spending it all on 4loco and bali shag for yourself is just the same thing jem dealers do to Africa. Stealing a local economy's resources and giving it all to a foreign corporation.

If you want to be an economically conscious drunk punk train rider, spend your spange money at local breweries. Most do growler fills.

cxR - And after you're done with it, you have a nice glass bottle!

• Agree
Reactions: roughdraft

MFB

Reaction score

More a comment on how few black ppl there seems to be in Tuscon rather than on ppls generosity. :)

And water is alwaaaays free! I'm always surprised on how NO road kids travel with some sort of water purification system. The Sawyer Squeeze is dope shit. It's 3 oz, and fits on most any water bottle. I've filtered water from some murkey-ass looking lil rivers and never got sick, and its good foreverrrrrr; 1 million gallons of water without a filter change.
The filter itself is easily razor-fingered out of your local sporting store.

professorjpj

Reaction score
This is very interesting and I agree that nobody owes me shit because of my circumstances and decisions and the thing I hate most is when I see other travelers being fucking dicks and acting like cunt rags to yuppies because they won't give them money or just because they're yuppies. The latter honestly pisses me off more.
HAHA!! I DESPISE YUPPIES!! I mean REALLY! However, I also despise bums too!! But remember, being homeless is not the same thing as being a bum!!

Reactions: Mankini

Coywolf

Make America Freight Again
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
This thread is awesome, since I started traveling again, the great places I used to chill last year are turning into crap because of tweeker-ass homebums. Really makes me sad =(.

Art101

Reaction score
Since I have left Seattle I am amazed I actually didnt see anyone spanging. I am sure it happens but it might just be winter too lol.I am burnt on the whole laying around drunk in public cussing people for not kicking down trash the area fuck heads I had been seeing in Seattle.There is a place in Seattle that lets the crustolas hang out front and sit inside.It sickened me to come around the corner from where I lived and see a half eaten loaf of perfectly good bread laying in the gutter and trash all over in front of this place.I would take time and get a broom and clean that shit up and get asked why the fuk ya doing that.Simple answer was respect.Seriously wtf.I did some Portland back in the day and if someone had acted like that it woulda been a hit the road and leave this city kinda thing.I guess times have changed.And not for the better

B

beat_tramp

Ppl in this country are really getting sick of travel- bums on the wasteoid trip wich is why we need more dharma bums on the more-moral-and-intelligent-than-you-fascist-normies trip but thats just not at all always the reality.

Art101

Reaction score
The whole wasteoid trip is so tired and clique.Heres a novel idea. Tell those dimbulbs that is cool and yuppie not to bath, litter, pass out and piss your self in public,and hop trains.Maybe this will help separate the wheat from the asschaff.

JanKrusz

Reaction score
The whole wasteoid trip is so tired and clique.Heres a novel idea. Tell those dimbulbs that is cool and yuppie not to bath, litter, pass out and piss your self in public,and hop trains.Maybe this will help separate the wheat from the asschaff.

Haha it always works ! Same with "tru punk" kids . Try telling them that drinking in public is yuppie and everybody can do it . Just try.

Reactions: EJO

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads