Crossing Border From Canada to US | Squat the Planet

Crossing Border From Canada to US

RnJ

PilgrimAflame
StP Supporter
Reaction score
I didn't find a thread for CAN>US already, so here goes.

I need to go to the US at the end of June. Me and my buddy have clean records and the clothes required to dress "normal." We are attending an international event and camping out on the grounds with friends from home. We have passports (which is officially a requirement for border crossing now). Are we still gonna get hassled for walking across the border? AFAIK, the Americans are a lot more stringent on who gets into their country than Canadians...and I was surprised to read your experiences of being American in Canada.

DigitalYouth

Reaction score
as long as you have passports you should be cool. It also depends on where you cross at, i have no idea where your planning on doing this at, but make sure you are actually able to walk or bike across. I live by the boarder and i know here you cant bike or walk across (because of the river), but im sure thats not an issue if theres not a bridge in the way.

and yeah, its harder to get into the us than into canada, make sure you dont have anything on you while crossing.

RnJ

PilgrimAflame
StP Supporter
Reaction score
OH yeah, probably crossing through Windsor, Ontario. I'm guessing one can't walk that bridge, and that I'll HAVE to get a ride. Am I gonna have to Greyhound that?

kai

Reaction score
you definately can't walk into detroit, I think it might be more pleasant to go across to buffalo over by niagra falls myself...

do a quick search on hitchhiking out of detroit too, not much success here.

I personally would be skeptical about hitching with someone over the border just cause if they got something to hide it'll bite you in the ass. If you are in toronto i don't think it's any further to go to Niagra then Windsor depending of course where you are.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads