Featured - Croajingolong Nat'l Park in Australia | Squat the Planet

Featured Croajingolong Nat'l Park in Australia

Koala

sleeps 22 hours a day, eats chutes and leaves
Reaction score
Website
ciggybuttbrain.wordpress.com
So this weekend I joined a group to go beach camping and exploring up north a bit from Melbourne. Croajingolong Nat'l Park is just about halfway between Melbourne and Sydney (about 6 hours drive from each) aka literally in the middle of nowhere. We set up on the beach, started a fire and broke out our bottles of wine and whiskey and cans of soup and god damn did the stars ever come out. It felt like looking at what the Hubble telescope sees. It doesn't even compare to anything I've seen in the US even in the most remote places. This was a whole other level.

Anyways, even though it's winter down here, it's quite nice for a night outdoors and some rock scrambling next to the ocean and even a few swims! Here's some photos. This place just looked unreal. I can't count the number of times we rounded a corner or looked at the sky and I yelled "holy shit" or "this shit is unreal" cause everything was just so beautiful.

image.jpeg

Thurra Beach

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Sunset

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Sunrise

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

These rocks were made for scramblin'. We walked down the coast probably 5km on the rocks.

image.jpeg

Went for a swim in this cove! Also saw dolphins and seals popping up every once and a while

Last edited:
T

Toasty Tramp

Gah! Your adventure just keeps getting better :D Can't wait to til your bike ride hahaha. I went on a little mini quest myself to find the best star-lit night sky here in the US...You've got me pumped to see Australia's!! Keep on keepin on :D

How's school going, btw??

bystander

Reaction score
very cool! whatch shootin' with?

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
those are some really epic pictures! i'm adding this to our featured threads section!

Koala

Reaction score
Website
Gah! Your adventure just keeps getting better :D Can't wait to til your bike ride hahaha. I went on a little mini quest myself to find the best star-lit night sky here in the US...You've got me pumped to see Australia's!! Keep on keepin on :D

How's school going, btw??

Man just wait till you come down here or go to NZ, the stars will BLOW YOUR MIND!!
I'm also super stoked for my bike ride! The Great Ocean Road is supposed to be like the most beautiful thing to exist ever

Haha well I've somehow managed to only have classes on Wesnesdays and Thursdays so you could say schools going really well! 5 day weekends every week, baby!!! I've written an article on Melbourne squats for a journalism class so I'm going to share some photos and a write up here on STP soon.

Your US ventures look absolutely amazing also dude!!

very cool! whatch shootin' with?

I shoot with the Sony NEX-5! Fuckin awesome super little and super light mirrorless camera that shoots the same quality as any bulky DSLR!

those are some really epic pictures! i'm adding this to our featured threads section!

Word, thanks! :)

Reactions: bystander

Dmac

Reaction score
Great pictures, let's see some more!

D

doctressjulia

SO amazing. The sky!! Are your classes online/remote? I gotta finish my degree that way one of these days... I am 6 credits short of a BFA. Doy.

Koala

Reaction score
Website
SO amazing. The sky!! Are your classes online/remote? I gotta finish my degree that way one of these days... I am 6 credits short of a BFA. Doy.

Nope I'm taking classes right at a uni, luckily only have class 2 days a week so heaps of time to explore!

Man good luck finishing your degree! You're SO close! :) That's my goal, to FINISH this degree...I've got about 3 semesters left

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads