Craziest places you've slept for the night? | Page 7 | Squat the Planet

Craziest places you've slept for the night?

bazarov

Reaction score
Me and a buddy got stuck in the city and he convinced me it was too late to hitch out (which I'm of the opinion it's never too late, but I digress) so we happened upon this big horse racing stadium near the edge of town. We laid down near the wall and it started getting super cold and raining, and I only had a flannel shirt on. So I said "fuck this" and just started trying random doors. What would you know the front door to the main lobby was unlocked and there before us sat 2 lovely leather couches. Man we couldn't believe our luck.

The next day we got up, got to the highway and got a ride straight to our town in under 1 minute. Everything just turned out so smoothly.

Reactions: jaws

marmar

Reaction score
Website
soundcloud.com
I went to a show in New Jersey, grabbed my sleeping bag with me, I'm in case i wouldn't be able to get a ride back to NYC( wich is my second hometown, and if I stay there for months at a time, I like my trips to New Jersey to feel like travelling. Lol) so after the show, I couldn't or was too lazy to be looking for a ride or a better spot, and just laid out my sleeping bag under the stage, it was an outdoor stage. When all of the people left and I thought the night is gonna be chill for me under there. I was half asleep when I heard someone walking around me and talking some drunken talk to himself.then he stops when he sees me. It's dark and no one is around, just me laying there. So being a female in the sketchy situation, I would try as much as I could hide my gender, right, I make sure nothing shows from my sleeping bag, but I can hardly breathe, scared shitless. Still picking out with one eye thou. So I think, the guy looked at the wrapped in the bag body, also got sketched out and just kept walking. In about 30 feet he stopped and pissed towards the way where I was laying. I quietly laughed, but was releifed that the guy was just showing the macho way he isn't afraid of the body on the ground hahaha. The rest of the night I slept in peace

Reactions: ScumRag

ScumRag

me, hellarity, oak, ca. about 2006
Reaction score
A quasi-thatched roof cave in Reno when the shelter was full. Damn it was cold specially when it started to snow but i built a fire & heated these river rocks to put under my sleeping bag as i slept & it actually worked out well!!

Attachments

• jpg100.jpg
    jpg100.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 256
Reactions: Art101 and Odin

jaws

Reaction score
awesome stories!

once rambling in Italy round Etna till late we stumbled across this house https://tranio.com/italy/adt/1649499/ and we thought we might ask to stay in for the night, but when we came closer we were sure it was something abandoned. and it really was! it's just so crazy inside, with rooms of different sizes and forms, almost like a maze. and the view from the terrace is stunning!! we didn't dare to stay longer and went away the following morning and later I found out this is a villa for sale! and the price is rather reasonable. i love looking at its pictures and dream of living here, but it's still a long way to go for me ::grumpy::
too bad picture is expired or it was already bought. Sounds like you had a great time though!

adventurekid

Reaction score
It was downtown Pittsburgh. I was tired as hell and after walking AT LEAST 13 miles, I came across this nice running/bike path along the river, and there I found a kayak rental place. Stole a tarp and layed it down in the middle of the bike path. Got in my sleeping bag and fell asleep haha

Reactions: Odin

Odin

ANTISOLIPSIST
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Stole a tarp and layed it down in the middle of the bike path.

What were ya expectin'?

Lost souls?

Tweekers?

Skunks?

Twerkers?

Drunk Politicians?

Bob?

Bobdobbs.png

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$0.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads