coveralls?

3t87

Reaction score
i reccomend the dickies ones as well cause they're alot cheaper than the carhartts and just as warm but like the insulated bibs the most for the way they move, not as restricted as the full coverall>>

Dmac

Reaction score
go to a military surplus shop and get a used air force flight suit. that will protect your close, pluss it has lots of pockets for stuff, but they are not insulated. you just can't beat a pair of insulated coveralls for working or being outside in the winter

MunicipalWaylan

Reaction score
yeah, coveralls to keep your clothes clean, what a great idea!

hey, maybe you should wear coveralls over your coveralls, to keep your coveralls clean.

Yo dog, we heard you like coveralls, so we put some coveralls in your coveralls so you can cover all when you coverall

CvP

Reaction score
Coveralls may not be pretty, but they're pretty fucking awesome if you work. Stacking hay, mucking barns, and fuckin' around in the garden destroyed my clothes. Plus if you have to go into a house after work, you can peel them off and wash your hands for supper. I love the quilted coverall/sleeping bag idea.

B

BrainDeadUnit

Hmm. I have a couple pairs of coveralls from when I was in the navy. Might rip off the U.S. Navy tape and use those for keeping my clothes clean. :D
Thanks for the tip.

That coverall/sleeping bag idea is pretty awesome, too.

Zorila

Reaction score
Website
squattheplanet.com
it's a great idea to use coveralls in cold weather, but i don't think it would be a good idea to wear them in the plain summer, i mean, there is no point in keeping your clothes clean from the exterior while disconsidering the interior if you know what i mean

Dishka8643

Reaction score
I have a pair of Dickies coveralls, but rarely use them. The biggest issue that I've had with them is overheating. Even in 10 degree weather, if you are exerting yourself, you will overheat quickly. And if the layers of clothing that are next to your skin get wet from sweat, you are going to feel cold regardless of how insulated your outer layers are. They are great for sitting around in cold weather, but you might as well use a sleeping bag for that. Also, most parts of the US in winter are very wet. Cotton work wear is durable, but will absorb moisture like a sponge, and so will the insulation under it. If it get's totally saturated, it will take much longer to dry than a lightweight shell material. Dressing in layers

A nice alternative are the BDU liners, like these:

GI Cold Weather Pant Liners - Army Surplus Warehouse - Army Surplus Warehouse

They are light, super warm, packable, and can be worn under regular pants, if they are baggy enough.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads