coveralls?

M

Mouse

coveralls to save your clothes? what the hell does that mean?

coveralls pinch my crotch and give me wegies constantly. I don't like looking like a redneck either.

Bendixontherails

Reaction score
I wear em in the winter. I did a mod though. I put a zipper on the inside of both legs all the way up to the crotch, so they can zip together. instant mummy bag... sort of. I lose the boots, zip up and get in my bag. warm enough I can use my light 40 deg. bag all year and not have to carry a heavy winter bag.

Labea

Reaction score
yeah, coveralls to keep your clothes clean, what a great idea!

hey, maybe you should wear coveralls over your coveralls, to keep your coveralls clean.

C

Clit Comander

curbscore said:
To save your clothes?I read this in an old book years ago- maybe one of Buryn's books?What do you think?
i think he ment to keep ur clothes from tearing and shit like that. But it doesn't really matter cause ur shit is going to dry rot eventually anyways. so if ya wanna where em' if not don't.

mkirby

Reaction score
Website
meredithkirby.com
Traded up from carhartt pants to overalls. They are awesome. They leave your arms bare unlike coveralls, but they also breathe pretty well because of this and are good for all seasons. And they do protect your clothes somewhat.

Angela

Wandering But Not Lost Yet
Reaction score
I love the insulated ones, they are so warm for winter! Only problem is they can get heavy to haul around, they don't really pack down very small once it thaws. Other downside is their a bitch to go to the bathroom with, especially for gals.

mkirby

Reaction score
Website
meredithkirby.com
Yeah, that's true. If they're loose enough though, you can just grab a cup and unzip the fly....takes some maneuvering, but easier than doing the whole take-off-your-coat-unhook-the-hooks hullaballoo...

Angela

Wandering But Not Lost Yet
Reaction score
Yeah, that's true. If they're loose enough though, you can just grab a cup and unzip the fly....takes some maneuvering, but easier than doing the whole take-off-your-coat-unhook-the-hooks hullaballoo...

I think your getting overalls and coveralls confused there mkirby. Easy way to remember is coveralls have arms.

Rise 609

Reaction score
I wouldnt really wear coveralls any time besides a few really cold days in the dead of winter. Your body movements are definitely restricted and overall I just cant get comfortable with them on when sitting down or laying, they just cant move freely like pants and a jacket.

L.C.

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
I love my bibs. I had a ride burn rubber on me with my gear. I was in chapel hill near duram. It was november,and all i had was my walls blizzard proof bibs, and a carhart jacket. I tore down some pine bows to keep me off the ground and some to block the wind. I slept comfortably. I standby them. During the summer i tore out the insulation, wore a t,and rocked them highwater style.

Dirty Rig

Reaction score
Best investment for long-term or winter travelling:

Dickies_Coveralls_2439Z.JPG

wartomods

Reaction score
you can even blend with the yard workers or fly a sign "i Paint walls" and get a instant job.

Cardboard

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
These light plastic ones (disposable chem gear) are great to wear under you clothes to keep dry when hitching or riding freight in the rain. on the outside you look to weird to catch a ride, and they tear fast on trains.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads