Country Squat in Kitsap County, WA

Threads
Reactions
Current Location
Seattle, WA
Reactions
100% 0% 0%
Some folks at the Jambo said I should post some pics of the awesome house I've been working on over the last 6 months. It sits on 4 acres. The owner died and left all their stuff behind. The bank has a lien on it and will probably foreclose next year. It was vacant 3 years, but the owner only died two years ago. It was burglarized twice and the thieves tossed the place hard, stripped some of the copper and left two doors wide open. The owner didn't even remove their food or dirty dishes when they left, probably had a medical emergency and needed to be cared for that last year. Wood stove works and surrounding land yields firewood for gathering. Home contains all the housewares you might need. It was a lot of work cleaning it but now clients I dog-sit for through Rover.com drop their pets off regularly and don't know it's a squat!
living-room-before-jpg.47417_Country Squat in Kitsap County, WA_Squatting_Squat the Planet_11:03 AM
_Country Squat in Kitsap County, WA_Squatting_Squat the Planet_11:03 AM Here's the living room before we cleaned up.
living-room-after-jpg.47418_Country Squat in Kitsap County, WA_Squatting_Squat the Planet_11:03 AM
This is what it looks like now.
living-room-after-2-2-jpg.47419_Country Squat in Kitsap County, WA_Squatting_Squat the Planet_11:03 AM
_Country Squat in Kitsap County, WA_Squatting_Squat the Planet_11:03 AM _Country Squat in Kitsap County, WA_Squatting_Squat the Planet_11:03 AM

Matt Derrick

Nomadologist
Staff member
Admin
Threads
Reactions
Current Location
Walla Walla, WA
Website
youtube.com
Reactions
99% 0% 1%
well dang, that's pretty cool. not that far from seattle eh?

roughdraft

Vagabond
Lifetime Supporter
Threads
Reactions
Current Location
Qosqo, Peru
Reactions
97% 1% 2%
fuck yes. always seemed like the peninsula would be good for that too. what a sleepy and beautiful place

Threads
Reactions
Current Location
Portland
Reactions
100% 0% 0%
Awesome work and great find!!

Coywolf

Mastering the Art of Houselessness
Threads
Reactions
Current Location
Santa Fe, NM
Website
www.youtube.com
Reactions
96% 0% 4%
Dude, great work on cleaning that place up!!

What an epic place, in a beautiful place!

OP
OP
Stiv Rhodes
Threads
Reactions
Current Location
Seattle, WA
Reactions
100% 0% 0%
well dang, that's pretty cool. not that far from seattle eh?
No, I go to Seattle all the time. It's about 2 hours on public transit or an hour and a half drive. I've got a bus stop in front of my house too, kind of a stroke of luck as far out of town as I am.

OP
OP
Stiv Rhodes
Threads
Reactions
Current Location
Seattle, WA
Reactions
100% 0% 0%
We now have electricity! It's been on this whole time, I just assumed it would be off cuz the burgler(s) stripped the copper wiring. A friend hooked up two outlets directly to the circuit breaker and they work. And we have one of the olt fashion analog power meters, not a smart meter, which blackberries have grown up to bloc
img_20181207_154721-jpg.47900_Country Squat in Kitsap County, WA_Squatting_Squat the Planet_12:48 PM
k, so the energy company can't see that our power is on, or reach it to turn it off.

OP
OP
Stiv Rhodes
Threads
Reactions
Current Location
Seattle, WA
Reactions
100% 0% 0%
We now have electricity! It's been on this whole time, I just assumed it would be off cuz the burgler(s) stripped the copper wiring. A friend hooked up two outlets directly to the circuit breaker and they work. And we have one of the olt fashion analog power meters, not a smart meter, which blackberries have grown up to bloc View attachment 47900 k, so the energy company can't see that our power is on, or reach it to turn it off.
img_20181207_153533-jpg.47901_Country Squat in Kitsap County, WA_Squatting_Squat the Planet_12:50 PM