Coronavirus Should We Worry? By CHJ | Page 3 | Squat the Planet

Coronavirus Should We Worry? By CHJ

D

Deleted member 13433

I just now boogied on out of the evil defense plant, well actually about 3 hours ago.... things are nuts there, totally out of control.
Someone cut himself real bad in the shithouse, bled real bad in a trash barrel [my money is on an employee got shanked by sheetmetal, which is not joke.... but a huge ordeal was made over it.
Another employee flipping out throwing tools, etc.... and something else went down which fucked me all up, as part of my nerve damage issue with my lower back is avoiding stressfull situations !!

So, I punched out and went home, knocked back 4 pints of Guinness while blasting the Fire Of Freedom album by Black 47 [*it is St. Paddy's Day after all, and I am half Irish...] in the garden, with my dog enjoying some nice treats....

*oh yeah, this was pure genius at the plant: they dumped bleach everywhere - which made my eyes burn, and I promptly punched out and split.
I don;t care, I just scored a job driving a forklift so I am done with all that bullshit on the assembly line..... but people are nuts.

I wish Graven was still here on STP, she would love hearing how insane things have gotten where she once worked as well.....

People will be fine, they just need to cool out - and just take common sense precautions, and help those in need, if it comes to that...

Anarchy Peace Love Freedom !!
+ Happy St Paddy's Day !!

Big George + Loki the Dog

*Edit: obvious spelling errors

Last edited:

cozmic

Reaction score
I am taking it seriously. Someone I work with has a bad case of COPD and sleep apnea. Luckily we were able to get her remote, but that was as late as today. I am frequently in contact with someone that has severe asthma, so I am working from home half days. I would do full days, but my employer doesn't have any other laptops to provide, and my work is sensitive, so it all needs to be encrypted.

As of right now there's only one confirmed case in my local area and no deaths. Yesterday, one client literally argued with me on the phone for 20 minutes straight about how she didn't want to do appointments by phone and wanted to come into the office. So we allowed her to come into the office today. This morning she called to say she had flu symptoms and would not be coming in. If this gets worse to where we start seeing more than 10 confirmed in my local area I'm putting my foot down (we're small, so that is significant). I don't give a fuck if I get fired. I'm not coming in. They can figure it out to where I stay home or they can give me the boot. I'm not going to put myself in a position where I could potentially kill people I care about.

I also have vacation in May. I have already started mentally preparing myself. I'm fine with not getting on that plane.

Odin

ANTISOLIPSIST
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Some good news for you kids: death rate for infected people under 29 in Italy (the country that has been hit hardest) is ZERO PERCENT.

Funny you mention that... cuz I was thinking of this video from... perhaps a month or two back before the early stages of corona bs starting to hit the nets...* I think back in November early December there were threads on some boards of a "plague" like disease in china that no one took seriously... //// at least from what I was picking up... with my ear to the wire.

Now it prolly is just coincidence... and Italy is hit hard cuz they have a long lived population with older folks... *or so I imagine with all that natural healthy country pasta fish olive oil happy living...

anyway I'll stop rambling... the vid of concern.

okay anyway take that how you will... I'm not trying to insinuate anything particular in a conspiracy sense...

But Hell....

I dunno... what does STP think?

What do you think @Older Than Dirt you seem to have very comprehensive posts on here as I have seen your response would be appreciated.

D

Deleted member 13433

Boom !!

cozmic
nailed it here:

"If this gets worse to where we start seeing more than 10 confirmed in my local area I'm putting my foot down (we're small, so that is significant). I don't give a fuck if I get fired. I'm not coming in. They can figure it out to where I stay home or they can give me the boot. I'm not going to put myself in a position where I could potentially kill people I care about."

I'm doing the same thing, I see sick people at the Plant - which our government is not allowing to shut down, nice huh ?? - I'm punching out, just like I did last night... and if someone gets too close to me that looks sick, I'm cracking that person in the head with my hand made [...from Texas !!] Padauk cane, because I ain't getting sick, I can't afford too - I'm the only other member of my family here, and my folks depend on me now.

D

Deleted member 13433

Hang in there
Wheat2020
as there's enough diverse people here on STP from all over the place who will tell it like it is regarding what is happening in there part of the world.

Yes, it is depressing and overwhelming.... but what's even worse is if our govenment is sincere, no - serious - about stopping this virus dead in it's tracks, they should be thinking long term, not just two weeks...

Two months is not even enough time - although it's better than two weeks.

Here in Connecticut, things are very very tense.
People are scared, and because they are not used to these kinds of things - over reacting in truly stupid ways - filling their entire garages with shit paper and disinfectant, which means that other may end up doing without.

If they do shut down the plant I work at, I'm going to re-join the all volunteer fire dept in my town, which I used to be a member of from 1996 - 2008 while I am out of work, and since Trump has no problem bailing out the rich, he better have no problem bailing out the middle class and poor during this crisis.

D

Deleted member 13433

That's actually a damn good idea, because as folks are encouraged to social distance as far as person to person goes, anything on-line that is positive will be not only a good thing but something that ought be encouraged and embraced :) :) :)

D

Deleted member 27861

That's actually a damn good idea, because as folks are encouraged to social distance as far as person to person goes, anything on-line that is positive will be not only a good thing but something that ought be encouraged and embraced :) :) :)

Well, okay. How do book clubs usually work? Like, everyone agrees to read a book, and then they give their input about it, right?

I'm pretty sure I can start one on Discord.

D

Deleted member 13433

I honestly do not know, I recall years back I was part of a mix-tape thing, making and passing around compilation cassette tapes which was spread word of mouth via an email list one was on, or could get on... but sadly it died before anyone else made a tape besides me.

I don't know how these things work on line, all I do know is I like the idea which you ran by here.

D

Deleted member 27861

I'll see if I can make a Discord server, or just create a thread here or something. I kind of wonder if I can make it an inter-community thing, is what I'm wondering.

Older Than Dirt

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
Some not good news: younger people (under age 55) make up 38% of people sick enough with COV-19 to be hospitalized. Older people are at much higher risk, as are younger people with diabetes, hypertension, heart disease, lung disease, and other underlying conditions.

Might want to skip those COV-19 parties, and cheap flights. Looking like self-interest as well as social conscience says:

WASH YOUR HANDS WITH SOAP AND WATER FOR 20 SECONDS. STAY 6' FROM OTHER HUMANS. BE SAFE AND HEALTHY.

You do get free food and a bed when you're in the Intensive Care Unit, so there is that.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 13433

Completely agree.
Good health is paramount - along with being clean.

Just come back from grocery shopping, shelves were bare, had a hard time getting my weeks supply of food for my cat and dog.

*I'm waiting to see some fool selling these items in the parking lot for double the cost, I will crack his head open with my Texas hand made Padauk cane.

Seriously -now they are saying 18 months to two solid years this will last.

Banks are either closed or severely limiting hours, CASH is no longer being accepted in many places [this is in the lower Naugatuck Valley of Connecticut which I am talking about]

Most places are closing up, people will be able to collect - while the jerk in the White House demands that places like the Plant I am at remain open, G-d knows why....

I am putting out the word today that if I do not get the forklift job I put in for [which would be a dream come true] then I am taking an early retirement since I just turned 55 yesterday, and I'll become a delivery driver to help out those in need.

The Revolution will not be televised..........

D

Deleted member 27861

Completely agree.
Good health is paramount - along with being clean.

Just come back from grocery shopping, shelves were bare, had a hard time getting my weeks supply of food for my cat and dog.

*I'm waiting to see some fool selling these items in the parking lot for double the cost, I will crack his head open with my Texas hand made Padauk cane.

Seriously -now they are saying 18 months to two solid years this will last.

Banks are either closed or severely limiting hours, CASH is no longer being accepted in many places [this is in the lower Naugatuck Valley of Connecticut which I am talking about]

Most places are closing up, people will be able to collect - while the jerk in the White House demands that places like the Plant I am at remain open, G-d knows why....

I am putting out the word today that if I do not get the forklift job I put in for [which would be a dream come true] then I am taking an early retirement since I just turned 55 yesterday, and I'll become a delivery driver to help out those in need.

The Revolution will not be televised..........

No it'll be tweeted.

Older Than Dirt

Banned
Reaction score
"The Revolution will not be televised...the Revolution will be LIVE!"

Was just listening to that the other day, along with "Whitey On The Moon".

Some Boomer poetry for you kids, this is the original more minimal 1970 version which i prefer to the orchestrated second version he did:

Last edited:

Older Than Dirt

Banned
Reaction score
All good here so far, have not left my property in 2 weeks except to go to the medical weed store once a week, kid's school closed since last week, wife's library ditto. Hunkered down with adequate supplies.

Take COV-19 seriously, but do not worry, do not fear (too much).

Worry eats up the mind to no purpose. A little fear is a healthy thing, because it makes us careful, but we need courage in tough times as well.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads