Cornerstone 2011

RnJ

PilgrimAflame
StP Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, that'd be awesome. The hobo camp is relatively fun to hang around at, and yet...and yet, that's a little too innercity for my sleep habits. I like my relative peace at night, so I usually camp out around the edges of that area where Encore 1 and 2 are -- basically the suburbs. I'll be arriving with a caravan of 6 or 7 people, maybe you guys can pitch a tent with us if you're alone and don't mind that area. I'm also open to suggestions.

sons of vipers

Reaction score
I agree with WithTeethExposed.
I camped with him and it was a real nice spot. Right near the food court, lots of free dumpster food. Overlooking the beautiful lake. Close to most of the stages, and right next to the Come and Live! tent for awesome times of worship every morning. The only downside was being really close to the mainstage and having to listen to lots of crappy bands when hanging out at camp, but it wasn't too bad.

76 more days! so stoked. Also, the band schedule is up, even though I don't think everyone is on there yet.
Cornerstone Festival 2011 :: Bands
stoked that the Chariot are the last band playing.
also, here's the schedule creator, it just doesn't have the generator stages yet...
2011 Band Schedule - Cornerstone Festival 2011 Schedule Maker

sons of vipers

Reaction score
Bands on the schedule which are worthy of note so far are:
Any if they end up showing up or getting a slot:

The Soil & the Sun - Band of up to 10 members doing very busy indie rock, with really unique beats;
The Illalogical Spoon - Crusty anarcho-folk, at times very sludgey acousti-core.
Insomniac Folklore - Horror folk with a bit of folk-punk flavour
Seth Martin & the Menders - Anarcho-folk, singer-songwriter style
John Felton / Eternal Soulmobile - Acoustic folk-rock/punk with a playful side

I like how most of these artists know each other, and obtain their backup band based upon which of their friends show up for the fest. Timbre will mostly like be in everyone's back up band.

Any others I'm missing, people?
TS&TS and Illalogical spoon are now on the schedule! So stoked.

Also, I laughed at the Timbre part... so true.
Last year I saw her two or 3 times as herself, then with The SOil and the Sun, with O Brother, The Chariot, Dignan, and a few more I cant think of right now

RnJ

PilgrimAflame
StP Supporter
Reaction score
So, what's the deal? How will I find all you peeps? Just got confirmation that I'm going today. I have a calling card so I can call cell phones using from the payphones or such. Or you can just tell me your whereabouts and what shows to track you down at. I have no clue what most of you look like.

Also, I'll be bringing india ink, case any of you come up with an awesome tattoo idea. Bring your own needles (i only have safety pins).

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads