Cops vs Dumpster Divers | Squat the Planet

Cops vs Dumpster Divers

Jimmy Beans

Bad Order Hoghead
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
You gotta be a special kind of wicked to deem something so absolutely useless to you that you find no better place for it than the dumpster you pay to have emptied and then at the same time want to be the gatekeeper of said useless trash preventing those in dire need who actually could use whatever it was from actually being able to take it out of the dumpster.

bum4evr

Reaction score
A few things I've learned: A lot depends on the city. In Palmdale CA, nobody cares, but 40 miles away in Santa Clarita, store owners will come out and warn you and then call police next time they see you, and that's even IF you can find a dumpster without a padlock on it.

I'm hanging in Bakersfield right now and I notice some homeless will empty an entire apartment dumpster onto the ground and leave a huge mess there.

But with the virus situation I think most cops leave the divers alone unless they have no choice.

MFB

Reaction score
I'm hanging in Bakersfield right now and I notice some homeless will empty an entire apartment dumpster onto the ground and leave a huge mess there.
Tweekers Galor in Bako; but this is a good point and I see it a lot. Kind of like how there will be a few nice bums with clean camps down by the river, then some buttheads come and make it so loud and gross neighbors have to complain.

In regards to the Fred Myers situation; sad stuff. But the irony of it is really baffling! The amount of wierd unhealthy pumped up processed shit they are will to sell for consumption at profit...but then they claim concern for folks over a some meat sitting at room temp for a few hours....BUY MORE DORITOS!!!!

Bibs

Reaction score
This is so morally corrupt, but has been happening for as long as I can remember. My old buddy jp and I were outside of a me n' eds pizza place in Fresno waiting for them to toss the old pizza out in the dumpster and when they did they also poured bleach onto it to "deter" the homefree.

• Angry
Reactions: KrimsonDCLXVI

KrimsonDCLXVI

Reaction score
Website
krimsondclxvi.com
This is so morally corrupt, but has been happening for as long as I can remember. My old buddy jp and I were outside of a me n' eds pizza place in Fresno waiting for them to toss the old pizza out in the dumpster and when they did they also poured bleach onto it to "deter" the homefree.
Wow society really just hates poor people doesnt it?

Bibs

Reaction score
Wow society really just hates poor people doesnt it?
I believe some do, but others are guilty of a more subversive evil: indifference. Those that hate at least feel some kind of emotion which, while reprehensible, is still better than feeling nothing at all for you can sway the hateful mind away from those feelings. The indifferent, however, are deaf and blind to our plight.

• Agree
Reactions: KrimsonDCLXVI

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads