concealed Carry anyone? (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter Deleted member 2626
  • Start date
  • Watchers 6
Is there a way to conceal carry a knife or a kubaton on a greyhound bus? I don't want to toss my stuff just to ride a overpriced bus that is known for violent conflicts happening onboard. Going to the PNW from TN

Click here to buy the Anarchist's Guide to Travel!

Coywolf

Make America Freight Again
Staff member
Website
www.youtube.com
Is there a way to conceal carry a knife or a kubaton on a greyhound bus? I don't want to toss my stuff just to ride a overpriced bus that is known for violent conflicts happening onboard. Going to the PNW from TN
If there are no metal detectors going into the station or at the terminal door, just carry it on you.....or put it in your pack. I would seriously not worry about having a weapon on a greyhound, it's bad, but not that bad. Just avoid conflict. Dont wander around when the bus stops in sketchy areas. Just common sense

If you're going to be going through a major city there's a decent chance you'll go through a metal detector / get searched on the greyhound. It's been a while but I've seen it in PDX, Reno, SLC, Dallas, Houston, NYC and I'm sure I'm forgetting a couple. It's pretty much a crap shoot. Sometimes they're scanning / searching everyone, sometimes they just wanna get you outta there. If it's a small knife buried in your pack I really doubt they'd take it even if they found it. A Bowie knife or anything like that they're just gonna confiscate off you. A gun will catch you a charge in the wrong state.

On a side note. I've spent wwwaaayyy too much time in the greyhound network and not once have I felt I needed a weapon and if you're not a natural fighter you probably have no business pulling a knife.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $10.00 of $50.00
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $10.00 of $75.00
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully his will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $10.00 of $100.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $10.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.