1. Not like it changes anything, but we are obligated to inform you that we are using cookies - so, we just did. Learn More.
  2. Hey you! Yeah, we see you there, lurking! Well, this notice is just to let you know that there's several sections of the website that are available to members only! You're missing out on a lot of stuff by not signing up for an account! It's free, so what have you got to lose?
    Dismiss Notice

Resources Community Bicycle Organizations and new Bike Touring group

Discussion in 'Bike Touring' started by Tude, Sep 22, 2017.

1. Tude

Tude Sometimes traveler is traveling.
    Staff Member Moderator

Featured Threads:
    College staff
    Address:
    Rochester, NY, United States
    View on map:
    Ratings:
    +2,954 / -11
    Very cool info for you two wheel travelers

First a new facebook group - "DIY Bikepacking and Bicycle Touring" - started by a friend who has been bicycle traveling solid for the past two years and he was looking for other people - I have connected a few of you here with him (Kuba Jennes) - so he started one up and people are joining. It is a closed group so you will have to ask to be added.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/131775507445590/?fref=ts

Community Bicycle Organizations

https://www.bikecollectives.org/wiki/index.php?title=Community_Bicycle_Organizations

What it is - this list is a collection of information from around the world. Some posts have little info while others are pretty descriptive. Ignore the $/membership as there is no fees via the header information below. And there's one place listed on there for Rochester - and I know they are a not for profit organization and the $/membership appears there too - I think it's the form they use to enter their info.

The main face is a list of organizations by Country - but if you hit the first link "Google Maps" - you get a cool visual of a pinned map of all these places and their information.

The list below uses the criteria found in the old Bicycle Organization Organization Project for what constitutes a community bike shop, namely:

• Non-profit bicycle organizations
    • Bike shops that are accessible to people without money
    • Shops that have an educational focus, teaching others how to fix bikes
    • Shops that are volunteer run
    • Organizations that ship bikes to communities in other countries.
    • Shops that provide free or low-cost services to the community.
    • Organizations that recycle bicycles and parts

• Like Like x 1
  2. diamondmoon

diamondmoon Just signed up

traveler
    Address:
    Santa Rosa, CA, United States
    View on map:
    Ratings:
    +2 / -0
    ... i love my bike, it is my life... RIDE ON

Attached Files: