Colorado Homeless Laws...Is Google Right? | Squat the Planet

Colorado Homeless Laws...Is Google Right?

SeymourSparechange

Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
I've been trying to decide between portland and colorado, and everyone's answers are different. On here, plenty of people have told me that colorado is, compared to portland at least, the better option. But when I Google anything related to homelessness and colorado, everything is saying that colorado has laws that effectively criminalize homelessness; stories about how their "Right to Rest" bill is on it's 5th attempt at passing, or of police driving homeless people out of the area, or that guy who froze to death at a bus stop. I intend to be homeless wherever I am, and I don't want to be somewhere where people are generally apathetic or antagonistic towards homeless people. Although, it seems, anywhere with notably lax policies regarding the homeless tend to have people who live there who aren't homeless turn on homeless people, and panhandling in such places seems like an uphill battle. Conversely, places where panhandling is easier tend to have more strict homeless laws. I don't wanna be persecuted in colorado, nor ignored and fucked out of spare change in portland. Is there a solution to this problem? Should I focus my attention on other states?

Detour

Reaction score
Don't go to either... well yes go check them out but travel around and find the place that suits you best. Its different for everyone each place is Portland is cool but hard to make a buck sometimes where as Colorado is cool and better spange abilities but harder on the homeless but there are other really cool places that dgaf that you're homeless there and will kick down pretty hard.

• Useful
Reactions: Juan Derlust

SeymourSparechange

Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
So which states, if any, would be both good for money making, and also not too mean or uncaring towards the homeless?

roguetrader

Reaction score
for some strange reason I find people everywhere are antagonistic towards kids who expect to receive money for doing fuck all ! it amazes me that folk see flying a sign as some kind of acceptable 'career'....

for those who don't quite comprehend it (like me) would you mind explaining why Joe Public should pay for you to have a good time ?

Reactions: Hogg

Detour

Reaction score
for some strange reason I find people everywhere are antagonistic towards kids who expect to receive money for doing fuck all ! it amazes me that folk see flying a sign as some kind of acceptable 'career'....

for those who don't quite comprehend it (like me) would you mind explaining why Joe Public should pay for you to have a good time ?
If your a homebum not doing shit else i can understand your view but if you're legitimately travelling wtf is your problem? Some people need to step outside to answer questions not found in your box. If you think every sign flyer is a waste then in my opinion you my friend are wrong. I walked hell, high water, and heavenly places to get where I am today and yes during that time i flew cardboard credit cards and spanged but im not the same as when i first started my journey. If you judge and classify everyone doing so as the same. You have along way to go before you wake or become woke. Its not the way you believe ok i get it. Its not something that you would do i get that too. But why cant people just live their lives on their own terms what does it mean to you that others choose to provide for themselves from the love and support of others? It probably wasn't always like that for them and at some point they may pick up means to provide for themselves in your general fashion. If you don't want to help them thats your parogitive good dont by all means but why try to crush others esteem? What do you gain?

D

Deleted member 23824

I enjoy helping those people that need a bit of help. On the other hand, I won’t help anyone who believes they are entitled to some sort of right to not take care of themselves, and have others provide for them. It’s a generational thing, if you must. Everyone needs a hand now and then, but perpetual laziness and entitlement ? I can’t abide that.

Reactions: Hogg and Detour

Ironweed

Reaction score
To each his own, but I would rather try to find work if I can get it. I would fly only if desperate and there were no other options. That's the Hobo way.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads