Featured - Closing of the cargo-passenger travel season 2020 in Russia | Squat the Planet

Featured Closing of the cargo-passenger travel season 2020 in Russia

ZIGER

Reaction score
Autumn came, it gets colder and colder every day, and most trainhoppers won't jump until spring. As always, there is an annual meeting about the closing of the season, usually at the end of October. Since this year's trip date was known in advance, many were able to adjust to the departure date, and this time there were already 33 people. By voting, the starting point was chosen station Bekasovo sort in the clockwise direction.

Upon arrival at the station, everyone managed to take their seats in the cars, and none of the employees noticed us. We were having fun for about 1.5 hours and decided to go all the way to Mozhaisk station, 2 people stayed in the car, the rest run off on to field. Police officers were already waiting at the station, but they could not catch anyone, some guys decided to go to the nearest train, where on arrival the same police officers came to them, but again they all ran away. Later, 3 people were caught, but then they were released. We divided into groups and went back to Moscow by suburban train.

Some photos

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

And video, If necessary, use subtitles

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Well, I have so many questions! Is this a regular thing that happens every year? What made everyone want to do this? I've never seen such a big mob of people on a train before (other than photos in mexico), most I ever hopped with was 12 and that was kind of a shit show :p

edit: well I just watched the video, and i don't know if it's because it's hopping in a foreign country or what, but i think that's the first time i've been excited to watch a train hopping video in quite a while. I've added this to our best of StP section!

Last edited:

ZIGER

Reaction score
Yes, every year before the onset of cold weather, almost no one rides in winter, a kind of last meeting. But there are a lot of such meetings in a year, but they are mostly related to another topic. Why people go to the meeting I do not know, I personally wanted to meet with representatives of the movement

It is better to ask questions, I will answer as soon as I can

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Are there a lot of train hoppers in Russia? how do you find other train hoppers out there? I'd like to do some train hopping out there myself. Have you been to the United States before?

ZIGER

Reaction score
Are there a lot of train hoppers in Russia? how do you find other train hoppers out there? I'd like to do some train hopping out there myself. Have you been to the United States before?
About 140 people, but 50 people can be active + about 10 people we know, but they don't contact us, there aren't too many of us, people don't really like it. I found through theme groups, some ride with others and then invite them to us. I haven't been to the US yet, this country has already been tested by our friends, I would like to be the first in another country. I'm thinking of coming, but I don't know when

Next year, in the summer, a famous train hopper from the USA wanted to come to us, you could go with him if he also wanted to

Last edited:

Crazy Hobo Johnny

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Thank you for sharing this! It would be an adventure for an American like me to hop a train in Russia! I didn't know people did that there. I hope to visit there since I have roots in Russia from my dad's side.

Again Thanks!

Reactions: madmcneal

ZIGER

Reaction score
Thank you for sharing this! It would be an adventure for an American like me to hop a train in Russia! I didn't know people did that there. I hope to visit there since I have roots in Russia from my dad's side.

Again Thanks!
You can always come to Russia to take a train ride. We have a lot of trains, various cargoes, little security and low fines. If anything we can help you find the right trains or comfortable vagon

Reaction score
wow! looks like they were having alot of fun with their go pros etc. I remember walking the tracks back to town from camp in Auburn,ca to go get some beer and a train went by and I saw some people on it but not a whole group like that. That looks freaking awesome I wanna go to Russia now! -wileycoyote2021.

Reactions: ZIGER

marmar

Reaction score
Website
soundcloud.com
Autumn came, it gets colder and colder every day, and most trainhoppers won't jump until spring. As always, there is an annual meeting about the closing of the season, usually at the end of October. Since this year's trip date was known in advance, many were able to adjust to the departure date, and this time there were already 33 people. By voting, the starting point was chosen station Bekasovo sort in the clockwise direction.

Upon arrival at the station, everyone managed to take their seats in the cars, and none of the employees noticed us. We were having fun for about 1.5 hours and decided to go all the way to Mozhaisk station, 2 people stayed in the car, the rest run off on to field. Police officers were already waiting at the station, but they could not catch anyone, some guys decided to go to the nearest train, where on arrival the same police officers came to them, but again they all ran away. Later, 3 people were caught, but then they were released. We divided into groups and went back to Moscow by suburban train.

Some photos

View attachment 58059

View attachment 58060

View attachment 58061

View attachment 58062

View attachment 58063

View attachment 58064

View attachment 58065

View attachment 58066

View attachment 58067

View attachment 58068

View attachment 58069

And video, If necessary, use subtitles

офигенно !

Reactions: madmcneal

NightWalk

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Superbe comme Rdv pour clôturer de saison !

Superb as an appointment to end the season !
Is it like this all the years or was it the first time ?!

( Sorry for my approximate english i use the google translator ^^ )

Reactions: Matt Derrick

ZIGER

Reaction score
Superbe comme Rdv pour clôturer de saison !

Superb as an appointment to end the season !
Is it like this all the years or was it the first time ?!

( Sorry for my approximate english i use the google translator ^^ )
There was also a meeting at the end of October this year, there were about 40 people. This time, someone informed the police about us and the whole station was surrounded. About 18 people leave by train and only in the evening

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads