Cheap traveling

boris

Reaction score
Dear people,

I just heard of craigslist.org today. It made me wonder: how many of those big websites are there out there? (How many really work well?) Does anybody know some more?

To make a kind of list out of this, sorted by expensiveness, I guess, ... well here:
  • walking
  • cycling
  • hitchhiking
  • train hopping
  • craigslist.org
  • megabus.com
  • greyhound.com
  • bringing someone else's car to the other side of the country (pnly pay for the gas)
Then there's this vague thing that wildboy860 told me about: free (or very cheap) flights. You'd have to wait around the airport for a couple of days for a missing passenger or something? Sign up for a waiting list. Maybe someone recognizes this description.

Also, a friend of mine's father told me that when he was young, he used to fly to the United States and back via Fedex or some other mail company. All the luggage he could take was his handluggage, the main luggage was used by the company because for the company, this was a cheap way of sending packages.

Do you know more of those kind of stories or more certain en recent things?

Boris

menu

Reaction score
yaeh. its gonna get the boot once wider or mattpist finds it. maybe put in in the other forms of travel forum

boris

Reaction score
I'm sorry I was kind of sleepy or something when I posted this.

Can I change the forum that it's in? And can this post and the two posts above be deleted for the clarity of this topic?

Sorry again,

menu

Reaction score
you can just start it in the proper forum. outside of that I think only the moderators can trash threads. so just start it over or let the moderators move it. its up to you.

drunken marauder

Reaction score
So umm airfare.. I dont think they really do stand by ticket stuff anymore as you cant be inside the airport with out a ticket or at least not very far... But the trick is but it 3 to 4 days in advance to a destination city umm Vegas is super cheap to fly into chicago new york la DC I mean theres a million of em.. I flew from Detroit to San Diego for 110 bucks and bought the ticket 4 days in advance.. Greyhound was going to be like 220 2 weeks in advance... Oh yea its always cheaper to fly monday thru wensday....

wildboy860

CrustyhoboHippycore
StP Supporter
Reaction score
also... a friend said it's cheaper if you order your ticvket aaaround midnight. something to do with the ticket price change over or something.

drunken marauder

Reaction score
nah you can watch em they go up 2 to 3 days before the flight they price em cheap as hell then when theres only 10 left the price goes up.. orbitz is about the best place to get or watch ticket prices I would think it would work for international travel to get a flight intoI dunno some major city with big tourism berlin for example then just buy a month eurail pass and go where you wanted to I know its cheap to fly into Moscow.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads