Cheap 100w Solar Panels on ebay ... (1 Viewer)

Click here to buy one of our amazing custom bandanas!
OP
renotwin

renotwin

Lurker
Current Location
Central Oregon
Thanks for the reply, It works great. I hooked it up to a solar charger and it keeps my three batteries charged at all times.

E

Earth

I deleted myself
Solar power - definately the way to go, as I've got one maybe 12" by 36" in my mighty diesel van to keep the batteries fully charged, and that panal (plus regulator) works like a champ !!
Maybe it's 10" x 28" but it's nothing major, and it will power reasonably sized 12 volt devices too :)

dprogram

Pilgrim
Current Location
Riverdale Park, United States
Okay. It's settled then. I have now read enough that I''m ready to go ahead and get the panels I need and couple extra batteries. Good thing I didn't finish my interior before I decided. Guess I wont be getting that motorcycle now. =(

OP
renotwin

renotwin

Lurker
Current Location
Central Oregon
I've found the set up I have is great for everyday use. I guess it all depends on what you plan on running and wattage /hours. my batteries are never low, in the past I have woke up in the middle of the night to the low power alarm going off.

p4r4d0x

Current Location
Chiraq
I've found the set up I have is great for everyday use. I guess it all depends on what you plan on running and wattage /hours. my batteries are never low, in the past I have woke up in the middle of the night to the low power alarm going off.
Care to elaborate on your setup and wattage hours?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$32.77
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $32.77 of $50.00
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $32.77 of $75.00
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully his will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $32.77 of $100.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $32.77 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.

Latest Status Updates

Huge website overhaul, huh?!
Reading "Last of the Hippies."
Love the update yo, looks greaaattt
@Matt Derrick im digging the site man. clean, organized ez as hell to navigate on desktop and mobile. keep it up. we appreciate you.
Been a while, not even Christmas yet and I'm already stir crazy. My hours got cut down at work too so it's gonna be a rough cold season...
It's going to take me a few days to get through updating the website design so please pardon our crust.
Headed east only uncle Pete knows where too though!!!
Childgoddess wrote on MirandaLeigh's profile.
Hello there! how's it going? just saying a friendly hello, I heard your from tbay too, just looking for some likeminded friends here.
My man back in jail :( its only a month, but it hurts as hell without him, how to cope.
The website is going to look a little funky today while I tweak some things. Look out!