ceramic knives | Squat the Planet

ceramic knives

farmer john

Reaction score
any one have one? know some one who had one? have any info on them?
got some $$ thinking about buying onefor shits and giggles

spoon

The coolest person you never met.
Reaction score
I've messed around with them. They are really only for cutting food. If you try to use it for the other random things "we" use knives for it might not work out too well.

farmer john

Reaction score
thats sorta what i was worried about
ive never had any problems with my knife tainting my food (has anyone?) and im not planning on assasinating anyone (at the moment) so i guess its back to the quest

thanx spoon!!:)

Dmac

Reaction score
ceramic blades will discolor easially. while they will stay sharp indefinatally they can shatter if dropped or of they are struck by something hard (like a stone or floor tile). and you cannot pry with them. they cannot flex like a steel knife, they shatter instead.

Reaction score
Home is where the heart is and my heart is in my c
what dmac said. they're meant for cutting food or other soft things on a soft surface (like a synthetic cutting mat). They're prone to chipping when knocked against hard objects, if not out right cracking or breaking. So they're basically shit for carrying around in your pocket or pack as a general purpose knife.

farmer john

Reaction score
welll thanx everyone :)

loox like iyl be sticking with the ol stilleto for now

Mustbenice

Reaction score
90 percent of the time i personally believe ceramic knives are a bad purchase. I cook for a living and literally every person I know who has brough one into the kitchen has dropped it, chipped it or broke broke the tip. Stick with metal

Reactions: Dmac
A

AlwaysLost

90 percent of the time i personally believe ceramic knives are a bad purchase. I cook for a living and literally every person I know who has brough one into the kitchen has dropped it, chipped it or broke broke the tip. Stick with metal

I always wondered about those...

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads