ceramic knives

farmer john

Current Location
DETROIT!!
any one have one? know some one who had one? have any info on them?
got some $$ thinking about buying onefor shits and giggles

spoon

The coolest person you never met.
Current Location
Chuck Town
I've messed around with them. They are really only for cutting food. If you try to use it for the other random things "we" use knives for it might not work out too well.

OP
farmer john

farmer john

Current Location
DETROIT!!
thats sorta what i was worried about
ive never had any problems with my knife tainting my food (has anyone?) and im not planning on assasinating anyone (at the moment) so i guess its back to the quest

thanx spoon!!:)

Dmac

Hobo
Current Location
outside omaha
ceramic blades will discolor easially. while they will stay sharp indefinatally they can shatter if dropped or of they are struck by something hard (like a stone or floor tile). and you cannot pry with them. they cannot flex like a steel knife, they shatter instead.

Current Location
Home is where the heart is and my heart is in my c
what dmac said. they're meant for cutting food or other soft things on a soft surface (like a synthetic cutting mat). They're prone to chipping when knocked against hard objects, if not out right cracking or breaking. So they're basically shit for carrying around in your pocket or pack as a general purpose knife.

Mustbenice

Current Location
Chicago, IL
90 percent of the time i personally believe ceramic knives are a bad purchase. I cook for a living and literally every person I know who has brough one into the kitchen has dropped it, chipped it or broke broke the tip. Stick with metal

Reactions: Dmac
A

AlwaysLost

I deleted myself
90 percent of the time i personally believe ceramic knives are a bad purchase. I cook for a living and literally every person I know who has brough one into the kitchen has dropped it, chipped it or broke broke the tip. Stick with metal
I always wondered about those...

Similar threads

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$100.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $50.00 of $50.00 - reached!
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $75.00 of $75.00 - reached!
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully his will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $100.00 of $100.00 - reached!
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $100.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.

Latest Status Updates

Trying to decide between colorado and portland.
In Winslow, AZ, and then on to Holbrook, with the Box. Anyone around these parts?
Takin a break from work to head up to Laramie for a few days to play some shows this weekend. Thank fuck, I need this.
BirdDaddy wrote on Tommythecat's profile.
Welcome to STP man!
BirdDaddy wrote on jypzi's profile.
You deleted you?
ALmost to Vegas, and I started getting dizzy

I am not made for the ruggedness of traveling all the time

Adieu
My eyes are A okay!!! I guess floaters squiggly lines heat waves flashing lights cloudy and blurred vision are normal...I guess. It's new to me, and realy hard tk.get use to. I have had better than perfact vision my entire life. I still do too, I just have shit in my field of vision somtimes nowadays I guess
Just did my first single handed sailing trip. Video to come if I can figure out how to edit video clips

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $50.00 of $50.00 - reached!
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $75.00 of $75.00 - reached!
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully his will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $100.00 of $100.00 - reached!
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $100.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Threads in last 24 hours
Messages in last 24 hours
Members in last 30 days
Latest member
St George