Carrying chocolate bars...ALL THE TIME | Squat the Planet

Carrying chocolate bars...ALL THE TIME

Gudj

Oogle
Reaction score
Website
wolfmode.wordpress.com
So, my friend and I would ALWAYS try our best to have chocolate bars on us while traveling. Usually we would buy some before going somewhere, put them in our packs and then just break a square off every now and then, sort of like cigarette but much more sporadic. When they were gone, we would make it our business to acquire more [preferably vegan, expensive ass dark] chocolate and repeat the process.

Recently someone told me that not everyone does this. Whoa, really?
Do y'all make it a priority to have chocolate with you? Or are we just hella decadent?

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
i think you're just decadent, but also, awesome. i should follow your example and do this more often.

lowerarchy

Reaction score
I read this book by Ranolph Fiennes about walking across Antarctica dragging all their supplies on sleds. Brutal unsupported trip, dangerous, they both lost like 30% of their bodyweight over the course of it. They ate a half a chocolate bar every day. Now I hold that in the back of my mind and don't feel guilty about eating as many chocolate bars as humanly possible.

Give me glucose or give me death.

• Haha
Reactions: LavenderSage

MrD

Internet SuperHero
Reaction score
Website
www.sometimesmotion.com
Hell yeah!
I make it a point of keeping chocolate on me!
In my opinion, it is one of the staple theft items, great dark ass chocolate that otherwise would be like $6!
It did not work out all that well tho in the middle of summer, in Nevada, when the giant 1lb. brick of it ya' get from Trader Joe's melted in to this ridiculous ball of candy and nuts!
Great the rest of the time tho!

A

AlwaysLost

So, my friend and I would ALWAYS try our best to have chocolate bars on us while traveling. Usually we would buy some before going somewhere, put them in our packs and then just break a square off every now and then, sort of like cigarette but much more sporadic. When they were gone, we would make it our business to acquire more [preferably vegan, expensive ass dark] chocolate and repeat the process.

Recently someone told me that not everyone does this. Whoa, really?
Do y'all make it a priority to have chocolate with you? Or are we just hella decadent?

The SAS Survival Guide lists the chocolate bar as a necessary carry item for morale and in case of dangerously low blood sugar. I prefer dark with as high cocoa content as possible.

milkhauler

Reaction score
When I need Chocolate fix, I grind these into a smoothie from Jamba Juice. You can find these at any health-whole food store.

Not only do you get chocolate fix, but a buzz from these marvelous cacao beans. Before X, we chewed these at music festivals. Natural high in a bag. Level energy through out the day, and they wont melt in the heat. These magic beans allow me to work 16hr shifts. I dont miss the caffine crash from energy drinks.

Check em out. [emoji41]
1479816632406.png

Sent from my SM-G930VL using the Squat the Planet mobile app!

Last edited:
Reactions: Bedheadred

Renegade

Reaction score
Dude you are my spirt animal. I have my bag full of chocolate all the time.. its an amazing energy boost.. im home bumming it for a min and i have a secret dumpster that yields tons of imported Europen chocolate.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads