Canada border crossing with a Bowie knife | Squat the Planet

Canada border crossing with a Bowie knife

D

Deleted member 15262

Apologies in advance if this is the wrong section for this...

I'll be crossing into Canada soon via hitchhiking, legal with passport but have long going questions about the knife laws. I have a large Bowie knife for survival and defense, but read and heard mixed feelings about knives and what blade lengths I can cross with. Anyone have first hand experience when crossing over with weapons? All advice helps, thanks!

Reactions: Mankini and Kal

Mankini

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
image.jpeg
yeah.

• Best of Luck!
Reactions: Matt Derrick

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com

Tony Pro

Reaction score
Website
gavincwillow.wordpress.com
thats what i mean. Dont tell anyone you have it. Dont display it. Pretend ignorance. :)
That's optimistic, man. I don't know one way or the other whether a bowie knife is considered a weapon, but if you don't declare a weapon and they find it on you, you'll be working a court date into your vacation schedule I guarantee it. It'll also jeopardize any future visits to Canada.

Seriously, don't lie to any border official unless you're okay with rolling the dice for a permanent ban from that country.

Reactions: Dmac

dannidirt

Reaction score
they basically go by the size of the palm but any bigger they will not allow it also if you have butterfly or switch blades forget even being able to cross cause they will not allow it (im canadian and i cross back and forth frequently from USA to Canada)

• Useful
Reactions: Dmac

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads