News & Blogs - California Ghost Town For Sale | Squat the Planet

News & Blogs California Ghost Town For Sale

EphemeralStick

Andie of the House of Queer
Reaction score
Now here's something you don't see every day. Screw an StP HQ, let's form our own god damn municipality!

Asking price isn't too bad but fuck it, squatters rights.

~A

https://www.esquire.com/lifestyle/a21500753/california-ghost-town-for-sale/

An Entire Ghost Town Is for Sale in the Sierras for $925,000

It's time to head west.

BY SARAH RENSE
JUN 14, 2018
cg1-1528983868.jpg

bishoprealestate.com
Today could be the day your realize your long-time dream: to chuck your phone in the garbage disposal, cut ties with humanity, and move out West to pursue a solitary life of drinking beer on wooden front porches and gazing at starry night skies. Unless that's just us.

Travel+Leisure reports that an abandoned mining town outside Lone Pine, California, is for sale. The town, called Cerro Gordo, is 300 acres and has 24,000 square feet of buildings still standing, like a hotel with a bar and museum, a superintendent's house, and a bunkhouse. The town was privately owned for decades, and restoration was completed on most of the structures, according to the listing.

The asking price? Just $925,000. For an entire town.

cg2-1528983937.jpg

bishoprealestate.com
cg3-1528983956.jpg

bishoprealestate.com
Cerro Gordo, which dates back to the Civil War-era, is nestled in the Owens Valley to the east of the Sierra Mountains, across the Owens Lake—spectacular views included. (Owens Valley is known as "the Land of Little Rain.") It's about a four-hour trip to Vegas, and a four-hour trip to L.A.

cg5-1528983975.jpg

bishoprealestate.com
The possibilities are endless once you own it.

"The owners hope to find someone who appreciates and desires to preserve the historic nature of it," listing agent Jake Rasmuson told SFGate.

So, you could take up silver mining. You could conduct tours for eager photographers and school children, as the Cerro Gordo Historical Foundation does now. You could start a cult of history buffs. Or you could do nothing but hang out. Because you know who makes for good company? Ghosts. And you know you doesn't? Alive people.

cb6-1528984062.jpg

bishoprealestate.com

D

Deleted member 125

@EphemeralStick you know im not even 100% sure what i signed on with the water bed agreement either. all i recall is there would be no studded vests on the bed. but smelly un-vested punks were ok. so i signed up!

RoadFlower33

Born Wild
StP Supporter
Reaction score
Dudes I’m I’m down as fuck all we need to do is get together create an incorporation put in for a business get a business loan by that shit and work it off

Reactions: Vision and marmar

RoadFlower33

Born Wild
StP Supporter
Reaction score
And here’s the thing if we were to UC see in the fractional banking system correctly we can catch him in a loophole and we can own the place down right just out of fault it would be ours squatters rights

D

Deleted member 16034

So @EphemeralStick and @SlankyLanky , when you're crazy and you have a lot of money you're called eccentric, yeah?

Out of every person who has ever called me any names, has eccentric been one?

Also I fucking hate the cold and high deserts in the winter are fucking COOOLD

iamwhatiam

Burrito fund contributor
StP Supporter
Reaction score
925k? how many members are there on STP? ~ 6 thousand in USA if I'm seeing this correctly. So let's say if half of those are semi/active members....if they each threw in just $300 dollars pitch, we'd have enough to form the next Slab City. and you'd most definitely be able to talk the price down considerably.

Come on, we can do this guys. With social media, etc... we can spread the word. start a go fund me. let's get organized.

Coywolf

Make America Freight Again
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
...mother of god....

#CheckingThisShotOutOverTheWinter

I guess I could be the town bartender

And I could be the town drunk.

Let's do this.

marmar

Reaction score
Website
soundcloud.com
Damn this sounds like a dream. I visualized this town like I'm Godless series, owned by women! Well ok, I 'll go with whomever. A million basically, that's a lot. But all we need is 100 people and 10k each. Or less people with more $

RoadFlower33

Born Wild
StP Supporter
Reaction score
Damn this sounds like a dream. I visualized this town like I'm Godless series, owned by women! Well ok, I 'll go with whomever. A million basically, that's a lot. But all we need is 100 people and 10k each. Or less people with more $
Or like @iamwhatiam Said with more people and less we could have that down to ourselves it wouldn’t be that hard we can do it it’ll be bitching

Reactions: Vision

RoadFlower33

Born Wild
StP Supporter
Reaction score
Then again squatters rights fuckit

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads