News & Blogs - Bussed Out: How America Moves it's Homeless | Squat the Planet

News & Blogs Bussed Out: How America Moves it's Homeless

wokofshame

Reaction score
Website
www.weather.gov

Groundmagnet

Reaction score
Doesn't surprise me. Rather then help out those that need help, a ticket to another city is apparently what the local [resident] population wants so they don't have to deal with the homeless. I will say, some homeless want to be homeless. I get that and agree. But the people who are homeless without a choice should have better treatment without the "get outta dodge" card played. And in all honesty, if a city gives a ticket to some dude and then bans them for life from said city, fuck them. That's complete bull shit.

MetalBryan

Reaction score
If one got a google voice number from a small town outside a big city, could we start our own voucher network of free bus tickets without making others suffer from abusing the system?

For example, a lot of the GV# area codes in major cities are taken but not those in outlying towns. If I got a number from a small desert town outside Los Angeles, could I vouch as a host for someone wanting a ticket to LA?

ScumRag

me, hellarity, oak, ca. about 2006
Reaction score
I'll be the first to admit that getting off the streets is probably the hardest thing I ever had to do in my life. Folx who say "some just choose homelessness" really don't understand the larger picture. It takes more than cash or a leg up from the shelter system... You need friends & luck to get off the streets.

Reactions: JuliannaB

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads