Buses

dirtyfacedan

Reaction score
There are a few buses here in Vancity for sale, by the bus company I in turn work for.
IMG_0991.jpg
(note the old 70's GM, and the 80'MCI's...the trolley buses might go to Argentina
IMG_0990.jpg

All of these buses in these two pic's are for sale, or are going to go to scrap. It sucks to see any go to scrap. I have lived and squatted in school buses in the past, and have a particular liking for them.

Post edited by: dirtyfacedan, at: 2007/07/11 09:53

Post edited by: MattPist, at: 2007/07/11 15:35

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
drool.... i REALLY would like to have a city bus instead of a school bus. bigger windows, and they seem like they'd have more room after you tore everything out.

is there any disadvantages to buying a public transit bus over a school bus? parts, etc? is it difficult to maintain the engine? how long do the engines last? also, what's the average price of these buses? and do they run?

sorry for all the questions, but im intensely curious about this stuff and im a total bus conversion newbie...

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
and where is vancity?

dirtyfacedan

Reaction score
Vancity (aka Terminal City), is Vancouver BC. Parts are still readily available, and most of the buses sold are in running condition, the cost, i don't know i'll ask.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
good question... i think if you have it registered as a RV you don't need a CDL (commercial drivers license).

logan714

Rev Quay Lude The Church of the SubGenius http:
StP Supporter
Reaction score
watts the gearing in them trans. or intercity?

logan

F

FrumpyWatkins

MattPist wrote:
good question... i think if you have it registered as a RV you don't need a CDL (commercial drivers license).

I don't think you can carry cargo or passengers that don't belong to you on a RV license, but who the fuck is enforcing that.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads