Burlington VT-Asheville NC

Abner Fritz

Reaction score
Sometimes Eugene, Mostly nowhere for very long.
So im going to be finding myself in boston next week, im thinking of headed towards burlington after that before heading south towards asheville. Im pretty unfamiliar with the east coast, but ive done plenty off hitchin on the west coast, in canada, and in europe. any advice on a route or where to avoid, good spots, ettc etc would be appreciated. I would also like to hop south but am a bit intimidated of hopping solo through such unfamiliar territory, any advice?

Dirty Rig

Reaction score
Make sure you hit I-85 at some point, preferably starting around the Baltimore area. 85 goes through a lot of major cities with excellent stops along the way for making money.

Raging Bird

Reaction score
Website
www.ragingbirdofyouth.tumblr.com
on ramps, no question.
I hiked into asheville once and that was taking 85 west to 40.
I guess it went smoothly, we held a sign that said "JESUS WOULD HELP US OUT" in the border of the bible belt, and everyone stopped to hook it up.
I'd seriously recommend hopping to knoxville through the smokies, because that was one of the most picturesque things I've seen on the east coast.

Actually, I've got a question for you, do you have any experience with Burlington?
don't mean to turn the thread around but I've been thinking of going.

Abner Fritz

Reaction score
Sometimes Eugene, Mostly nowhere for very long.
I dont have alot of experience with burlington, I headed through there a few times last year, ended staying a couple weeks in total. but i would definantly reccomend it, its pretty slow paced and relaxed, and the folk are real cool, decent dumpstering as well. just watch out for the cops, seems to be a ridiculous amount for that size town.
I would love to hop down through the smokies, but have only ridden a train once and would want someone around with a bit more know how. that being said, if you happen to be around the northeast and want to head south, let me know, i will probably be around boston/vermont/maine for at least a few weeks.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads