Brew It Yourself

K

Kendall

Does anyone have any quick simple (as in quick i don't indicate fermentation time) ways to brew any sort of alcoholic deliciousness? As long as its not complicated I don't care what it is.

dänny

Reaction score
get a gallon jug (ive gotten unfiltered apple juice that comes in a gallon glass jug and just used that juice for the first batch.)
some kind of juice, you can use concentrate too but make sure its 100% juice. put it in the jug but leave room for the sugar.
put in 2 cups of sugar, 1 packet of yeast.
put the cap back on and shake it up so it mixes. then take the cap off and put a ballon over the top so the gases can expand into it and let it sit for about 2 weeks(out of the sun) or until the ballon deflates. then syphon it into another container so you dont get all the residue thats left on the bottom.

i got this from a little bit more detailed recipie but dont know where it is.you might be able to look it up. this is how ive done it several times and it turned out pretty good most of the time. make sure that everything is very clean before you start so that you arnt growing bacteria in there (the original recipie said to rinse the jug out with bleach water before putting the juice in i think). anyway thats gotta be the easiest way to make alcohol

Post edited by: danny, at: 2007/03/20 09:55

Bendixontherails

Reaction score
easiest way to make a strong drink:

basically you want to follow the directions of the last post. you just need fermentation. I make it just like he said, except i put all kinds of fruit in it. whatever the dumpster yeilds. the thing is to make a lot of jugs of it.

Here's the key: when the fermentation has stopped, put the jugs in the freezer. alcohol dosen't freeze. all the other shit will freeze and the nice pure alcohol is what is left liquid. not huge amounts, but no ass explosions. if you drink the hard cider in any quantity you will probably have some diarrhea the next day.

• Useful
Reactions: Odin
D

danvan

me and a few friends have a fairly sizeable beer brewing opperation going at the moment

its kinda funny i turned 18 the on satdy and now that i can buy alcohol i dont even need to anymore

M

Mouse

L

leftoverstraps

the glass containers work the best in my opinion but you can use plastic ones (i've used plastic milk jugs before)
easiest homebrew
get a bum jug
drink it
get pineapple juice (100% real juice kind like dole)
(2 containers of juice cans)
1 packet of yeast
2 cups of sugar
pour the juice in the empty bum jug
put the yeast and sugar in put the cap back on shake it up
put a condom or a balloon on the top of the jug instead of the cap and let it ferment for a week
then using another empty container get a funnel and a peice of a t shirt and strain the juice
than rinse out the bum jug and put the funnel in it and strain it again
i like mixing this blue raspberry shit into it so it doesn't have such a rotten pineapple taste to it (doesn't taste bad with out the mix just something you gotta get used to)
its about 17% alc content (at least thats what i think i haven't actually done anytests.... it will get you drunk)

C

Crazycoon

If after the first week you start a secondary fermentation, It'll get rid of potential gut rot and the nasty homebrew taste.

Sterilize a second jug with boiling water, soap, or rubbing alcohol. Rinse well. Get some plastic tubing (or scrap garden hose if yer cheap and getto :) and sterilize that too. then without disturbing the botton settiment siphon out the brew from jug one into jug two recap it with baloon or condom, and wait another week or however long till its considered done. It will yeild a better taste and better to stomache. ENJOY!

M

Mouse

after I get my home darkroom built I'm gonna make it a darkroom/beer room. gotta keep in on the d.l. though cuz my 'rents will get pissed if they know.

bananathrash

Reaction score
my friends made a bunch of wine home brewed. we just went out on trash day and collected wine bottles from the recycling bins and boiled them.

they found the recipe googling. and i never tried any because i was told it was pretty rank.

Post edited by: bananathrash, at: 2007/03/22 15:15

D

drifter

Here's a little trick i learned while serving time at the 'ol greybar motel,,,it's pretty similar to the prvious post, but the beauty of the penetentiary method is that it only takes 3-4 DAYS!,,much easier to get away with, in fact, some comrades and i made some in a hole we had dug in the prison yard,,the cooler temperatures in the ground made it take a few days longer but anyways,,,,,here it is:

Take one Bucket or pail
line it with a garbage bag
dump in a healthy amount of Orange Juice or any juice with pulp works pretty good ie pineapple, grapefruit (tart ale!)
dump in a considerable amount of sugar, enough to make the brew very sweet if one was to just go ahead and drink it.
take a packet of yeast and drop some water on it to make it into a dough ball.\
drop this ball into a peice of sheer fabric(to serve as a filter so you dont get chunks of yeast dough in yr beer)
tie the bag off tightly, being sure to remove all the air from the bag, yet still tying the bag at the top to make room for the gasses created.
put in a warm place, we used to hide it in the boiler room or a warm mop closet. a room temperature place should be fine.
in about 3-4-5 days it will be some nice shit!
tomato puree works as well, and though it surely doesnt taste as good, it cooks a day or even two days faster!

sorry these measurements arent totally precise, we worked with what we could in there.
ENJOY!
cheers

B

bakerdoo

I would use a bigger pack of yeast than 7 gr. if you can find a homebrew store they have healthy bigger packs of yeast
i homebrew as well and pretty much every post above will work to some degree,
make sure everything is really clean...it sounds not that improtant but it can make huge differences.
If you are willing to spend some cash you can buy ingredient kits for like $24 which makes 5 gallons
i think its worth it

D

danny boil

danny wrote:
get a gallon jug (ive gotten unfiltered apple juice that comes in a gallon glass jug and just used that juice for the first batch.)
some kind of juice, you can use concentrate too but make sure its 100% juice. put it in the jug but leave room for the sugar.
put in 2 cups of sugar, 1 packet of yeast.
put the cap back on and shake it up so it mixes. then take the cap off and put a ballon over the top so the gases can expand into it and let it sit for about 2 weeks(out of the sun) or until the ballon deflates. then syphon it into another container so you dont get all the residue thats left on the bottom.

i got this from a little bit more detailed recipie but dont know where it is.you might be able to look it up. this is how ive done it several times and it turned out pretty good most of the time. make sure that everything is very clean before you start so that you arnt growing bacteria in there (the original recipie said to rinse the jug out with bleach water before putting the juice in i think). anyway thats gotta be the easiest way to make alcohol

Post edited by: danny, at: 2007/03/20 09:55

so one gallon of juice in the five gallon jug, or about five gallons of juice in the five gallon jug?

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
danny boil wrote:
so one gallon of juice in the five gallon jug, or about five gallons of juice in the five gallon jug?

well, if you're using a 5gal bucket, i would fill it about 4gals full. you don't want it to spill over. but if you're using a carboy, you can fill it 5 gallons full.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads