Breakdown Bow and Arrows | Squat the Planet

Breakdown Bow and Arrows

D

Deleted member 2626

anyone carried or thought on it? There is a few on amazon rated to 55 pound draw and breaks down to 16 inches. Feasible for a pack and not illegal as carrying a breakdown .22 or something. silent and easy to get away with. I used to shoot longbow all the time and miss the hell out of it. I enjoy wild game and spending time in the woods, this would be pretty cool to try. think I may do it after i get a little more thought into it, been stalking deer and miss the thrill.

D

Deleted member 125

the only downside imo would be that its pretty fucking hard to learn to use a bow and arrow, but it sounds like you have experience i say go for it man. there really isnt any better meat then fresh venison. and god damn smoked venison!!!!

i dont know anything about bows, would a 55 pound draw be enough to take down medium game? or i guess whatever kind of game a deer is.

D

Deleted member 2626

Yeah grew up Insticintive shooting as its called. Yeah can't be good ole venison. and yeah 55 pound, with good broadheads could take down elk or moose

D

Deleted member 125

well hell, i say go for it then. only downside i can think of is going into downtown areas in cities where hunting isnt exactly the norm, i could imagine cops and locals looking at you a bit weird if its on the outside of yer pack but as far as i know its not illegal to carry a bow and arrows around.

todd

Reaction score
I think the concept of a *breakdown bow* is that it will be inside the pack...

todd

Reaction score
I've never seen one. only ever had recurves or compounds. but yes 55 lbs. is enough to kill large game depending on the shot placement and a nice broad head

D

Deleted member 2626

yeah I'd have it in a little case stuffed in the pack. 16" breakdown size. I've been up on my off grid land and damn this morning I stalked up on 2 doe. didn't move, was nearly close enough for a bow. Miss this shit. Not killing but the primitive thrill of stalking game and the processing of the food

Honky Lips

Reaction score
101-119 Tribble Gap Rd, Cumming, GA 30040, USA
This looks like a good place for a first time post.
Hunting is indirectly one reason sort of why I joined StP.
Your question is a complicated one...
For starters read your local DNR regulations. DNR is who will sell you a hunting license. 2. Most anything you want to eat has a hunting season and even a squirrel can get you in trouble(poaching)...
Then there's the reaction you'll get harvesting your own meat depending on who might accidentally see you doing it. For example people can get down right pissed off over simply fishing in a neighborhood pond. Even then you better have a license.
And with that said... I say go for it. Take down bows/survival bows will kill a deer. But even with a takedown bow you still have arrows to deal with. If concealment is your requirement maybe making a bow from PVC would be more stealthy? Just look to Yourube for how to videos on that. They don't look like a killing machine, not like a real bow does....
My situation requires stealth. I live in a suburban neighborhood in an area conducive to deer hunting.... as in I've got a huge stand of woods behind my house and nobody will notice me do it....but if that deer can run say 100yds it might end up in a neighbors yard in a bleeding jerking heap... and I can only imagine the reaction I'd get if certain neighbors saw Rambo run out of the woods to finish off Bambi... eek.
I'm just spitballing here but I've been doing a lot of that about this lately. Just my opinion....

• Haha
Reactions: Faunus

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads