Boat Life Photos

Kittymeowmix

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
So I lived in Sausalitio on and off for a couple of years at anchor on a sailboat and got to go sailing numerous times, as well as use my boss's 13 ft. sailing dinghy to practice. A German photographer approached me on the dock one day and asked to follow me around while I went about my business. These are some of the pictures she sent me. I have permission to share them but I forgot her name. Hope to inspire others to boat punk and maybe start some conversations. I'm saving for a new boat now, looking for like-minded people to talk with and perhaps travel with in the future. Boats is punx.

_DSC0279.jpg
_DSC4094.jpg
_DSC4508.jpg
_DSC4832.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Dmac

Reaction score
Wonderful pics! thanks for posting. What type of boat is it? also got any pics of what it is like on the boat?::photogenic::

Reactions: Kittymeowmix

creature

plastic wingnut in a microwave
Banned
Reaction score
i bet you know Damian!!!

just emailed him a few days ago!

i'm up in north dakota, saving for a boat.. have a bit, now, hopefully a bit more in a week or 2..

def down to talk to folks about going in on a bigger vessel, if they're looking for a serious live aboard community!

hit me up!

nice photos, & peace,

john

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
i was going to say, isn't that damian in the second third pic?

thanks for sharing them with us, i'm going to add this to the best of section.

Mankini

Banned
Reaction score
Ohhhhhhh Homesick. Tiburon; Sausalito; gettin all sentimental. I was there; living on the eucalyptus hilltop right next to Fort Barrie (I think: the one right before Saus.)

Kittymeowmix

Banned
Reaction score
Wonderful pics! thanks for posting. What type of boat is it? also got any pics of what it is like on the boat?::photogenic::
I gave more pictures of the inside of this boat and another boat as well. The blue one pictured is a 27 ft. racer/cruiser, I think the brand was an R2, an obscure boat from the 80s. It is narrower than a cruiser and fast, but I lived on it with my partner and our dog. At 6'2" the roof was a bit low for him but at 5'6" I was comfortable standing up. I'll post more pics tomorow, I'll make a thread about cooking, sleeping, etc. at anchor.

Reactions: Dmac

iamwhatiam

Burrito fund contributor
StP Supporter
Reaction score
what model/size are you looking at buying next?

Kittymeowmix

Banned
Reaction score
what model/size are you looking at buying next?
Not sure, depends. If my prospective boat partner works out I'm thinking 32 to 34 feet 70s Catalina or similar unless I find a good deal on a newer boat. Love that thick old fiberglass. I could work with a steel hull, no wood for me. If it were just me I'd start at 26 to 28 feet. I'm just looking for a complete boat with sails, radio, etc. Cheaper than getting a stripped down boat and then buying parts and safety stuff

Reactions: todd and iamwhatiam

iamwhatiam

Burrito fund contributor
StP Supporter
Reaction score
yea, I hear ya. I'm looking to get a 30 ft (or around that range) fiberglass hulled boat in the next 2 years and I've heard that the older hulls were made thicker when they first started manufacturing fiberglass boats in bulk way back when. I don't really care about the age of the boat as long as its structurally sound and like you said - I want one with all the safety equipment, radio, etc. and definitely a GOOD running engine

Durp

Reaction score
No matter what boat you get it will need a full tear down and re rig if you want to go into big blue, my boat is good for inland and protected waters but the ocean is fucking scarry. Yea the old boats are thicker, stronger and have more displacement, all favorable qualities.

Last edited:

creature

plastic wingnut in a microwave
Banned
Reaction score
i *thought* that was his boat!!

he spoke lovingly of you..

the next few days are going to be critical regarding my next steps..
i've been paid about 1/2 my wages, with the rest supposedly coming around the 23rd.. that could be delayed by a week or so, depending on the contractor & how slowly he scratches his ass, but it seems he actually pays..

another issue is how much work there actually is & how much drama will continue to be played out on this crazy farm..
i'm at my zero level for any more insanity, and after beibg paid, i'm out at the first hint of it.

i suspect a mid-september or earlier departure, but if the money starts to flow regularly, i may stay till it stops..
when i hit the coast i'm looking for a boat & i'll need as much as possible.

if yer in touch with dameon, have him email me or call..

& yah.. we're friends!!

: )

Kittymeowmix

Banned
Reaction score
i *thought* that was his boat!!

he spoke lovingly of you..

if yer in touch with dameon, have him email me or call..

& yah.. we're friends!!

: )

He didn't speak lovingly to me just now, lol. I didn't think about how much he's on here when got on.

I'll tell him to contact you, we don't talk much but I have his number.

Reactions: todd

Kittymeowmix

Banned
Reaction score
I gave more pictures of the inside of this boat and another boat as well. The blue one pictured is a 27 ft. racer/cruiser, I think the brand was an R2, an obscure boat from the 80s. It is narrower than a cruiser and fast, but I lived on it with my partner and our dog. At 6'2" the roof was a bit low for him but at 5'6" I was comfortable standing up. I'll post more pics tomorow, I'll make a thread about cooking, sleeping, etc. at anchor.
Correction the boat is an S2 not an R2.

Reactions: todd

Kittymeowmix

Banned
Reaction score
No matter what boat you get it will need a full tear down and re rig if you want to go into big blue, my boat is good for inland and protected waters but the ocean is fucking scarry. Yea the old boats are thicker, stronger and have more displacement, all favorable qualities.
You are correct. This is why I need a partner and some time to save money. I was noticing there are a lot of nice boats for cheap in the great lakes, you just have to pay a lot to go down the St. Lawrence sea way or trailer it to a coast.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads