Bike Traveler Jamboree? | Page 2 | Squat the Planet

Bike Traveler Jamboree?

Dunedrifter

Reaction score
If I remember correctly, I believe the camp spot was some kind of county run public spot. There was 5+ camp sites with plenty of room for multiple bike campers to set up on. First come first serve free location with I believe a 5 day limit. I don't see it being an issue if 20 bikers showed up, we would just have to share camp sites.

I don't think I for one would be able to meet up monthly, as I'm constantly on the move looking for work. When I have enough money to float for awhile, I aimlessly travel. I'm pretty booked working this current summer, which the job I'm working now will land me in Florida for the winter.

If we have the interest in the community we could start planning for next summer.

Also, @Dunedrifter, can I recommend to you that if you are on the move bike touring and want to meet similar travelers, post a thread in the meet up or bike touring section for when and where you will be somewhere and for how long. Never know who is close unless you ask! Safe travels and fly low!
I wouldn’t be able to meet up monthly either, I was just saying that meet-ups could occur monthly (or randomly) at different locations so they wouldn’t be confined to one place, once a year.

I was thinking of planning one for next summer too, so anyone whose interested can PM me (us), and we can start working out the details on the side. @Koala, @Crazy Hobo Johnny, @Mrcharwe, @Banjo and anyone else.

Thanks for the reminder about STP’s meet up section; I forgot about that. I’m planning to quit my job in October and embark on a yearlong journey circumnavigating the US and Canada.

SaltyCrew

∆-FLY LOW-∆
Reaction score
Thanks for the reminder about STP’s meet up section; I forgot about that. I’m planning to quit my job in October and embark on a yearlong journey circumnavigating the US and Canada.

Planning for next summer sounds reasonably achievable. If you're going to be free in October, and you're already in Cali, I highly recommend attending the Jambo in November. Arrive to slabs early and make a couple friends and you should be able to leave your bike somewhere safe. Or you could get a storage unit for a month in Niland. Should only cost $40-50 bucks.

I unfortunately will not be attending Jambo this year, I was planning on it and want to, but I have changed my summer job plans. I was in Michigan working a campground/bar/grill job, but had to ditch it due to the shitty people running it. Now after a quick 500 mile bike tour I am on board a traveling carnival until December, which will land me in Florida. I plan to hit the slabs in December for the remainder of the winter, if all goes as planned.

D

Deleted member 14481

I would like to help, if can. And, for something with biking involved, I must suggest Minnesota or Oregon. I'm open to online video chat meet ups on Skype, Duo, or Facebook.

Dunedrifter

Reaction score
I would like to help, if can. And, for something with biking involved, I must suggest Minnesota or Oregon. I'm open to online video chat meet ups on Skype, Duo, or Facebook.
I was shooting for somewhere more centrally located to appeal to more people, even though I’m on the west coast. But I’m open to other ideas.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads