Website
www.youtube.com

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
i agree that both sounds and looks pretty good. how much does it cost? if you pick it up you should write a little review of it for the rest of us that might be interested in picking this up.

Coywolf

Make America Freight Again
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I should be picking one up in a few weeks, I'll write a review after I get a chance to mess around with it.

I believe it costs $169 new.

Lob

Reaction score
Their pricey but not too bad. If your a seasoned player its reaaly good sound for the cash. I ended up not buying because of price. Im really just learning cords and scales on the road im not at performing level yet. I got the washburn. That thing needed a little work out the box. Had to hand sand the saddle with some 60 grit. Took a hot minute! Now the action is lowered and plays well for me.

Coywolf

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I got the washburn

I am very curious how the washburn plays. I own a Martin Backpacker, and I loved taking that with me traveling. I have head the washburn is a better sound.

The Ibanez has allot of reviews saying that it needs alot of work out of the box. Adjusting the truss rod and tweeking the frets on the outside of the neck. I hope to do all the work myself. Soon!

Lob

Reaction score
In my opinion the tones are alittle better on the washburn than the martin. I went back and forth when deciding on a guitar in the 200 price range. I didnt likethe martinand how the guitar strap was so close to the back of the neck and seemed hard for me to reach the lower parts of the fretboard. The rover is slight bow in the back kinda like the tayor babys (now a taylor is what i would get if i had the 450 buck , the sound is incredible) but still the washburn has a twangy folk kinda sound when playing fast cords. Its seems like its built tough we will see. The case is pretty tanky but i can see the zippers going if you dont be careful

Reactions: Coywolf

Coywolf

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
So I totally forgot to update this thread.

I bought this guitar, and it was WAY too small. My fingers couldn't fit on the fret board and bar chords are impossible.

I ended up buying a Yamaha Junior 3/4 size. That was perfect for me. I'd recommend that guitar to anyone. I'll post a link.

Reactions: maggot and ScumRag

LysergicAbreaction

Reaction score
I had the same issue of looking for a small travel guitar a while back, and found a novel solution, here is what happened: I got a little starter guitar for my niece at the local super-store, she was a little too young for the guitar and it was getting trashed so my sister gave it back to me. I re-stringed it and cleaned it and tuned it up, and it turns out it plays great! It holds tune really well, and while it is fairly small and incredibly light weight, the fretboard is still a decent size. Its made by "first act" and only cost like $40.

I started using it as my travel guitar, it plays great, it holds tune, and it is small enough and light weight enough where it can be easily carried everywhere I go, yet it was also so low priced that I do not have to worry about the thing. Its great, it's all the advantages of always having your guitar without the stress and worry of potential damage or theft.

I recently came into a good chunk of funding and want to start buying instruments, I want a banjo, a mandolin, an acoustic bass, and a "Cajun box drum" with some bongos, maybe a "rumba box" and a violin. I have access to a large number of acoustic guitars so I am not necessarily looking in that area.

I want to get together the instruments to record. I record track by track and can play just about any instrument you give me, usually I will write and record an entire album by myself, I also program, primarily with FLStudio, and can use pro-tools and similar programs. Eventually I want to get a band together, which is another reason why I want the instruments, but until I find the right people recording will be the priority.

Also:

If I wanted a "washtub bass" or "gutbucket" I would have to build it myself right? Is building one or buying one the best option? It seems simple enough, metal washtub, a long wooden staff, and a string should do it, but I was curious, does anybody know of any resources which describe optimal techniques and materials for assembling these things?

I am also always on the lookout for good washboards to be used as percussive instruments. Any references on good sources would be appreciated.

mouse

Reaction score
I was at a thrift store last year and found a classical parlor (3/4) guitar in playable condition for $10. It's some kind of Sears guitar from the 70s.

It had steel strings on it but I put on nylon. Feels pretty good, plenty of room on the fretboard. I had a Martin Backpacker before that I wanted to love but the fretboard was so cramped.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads