Best ride ever

Komjaunimas

Reaction score
Well i can't say which was better so ill share 2 rides because we were really desperate in both situations:
1. It was June 2009, we were on the boarder Romania/Bulgaria aphter beying hasseled by the boarder police, for quite a while i managed to get thrue the boarder by foot, my girlfriend got with a trucker, but to get to mainland Bulgaria we needed to take a ferry and i needed to find another truck, because there were no options to cross on foot. So i found a russian speaking bulgarian truck driver who took us both (me and my girlfriend, 2 persons = illegal) for free with a ferry, gave us his home made vodka, cigs, bought us beer and food, let us sleep in his truck thrue the night (he drove home with a car from a truck stop) in the morning he bought us some more food and coffe, drove us to Sofia(Capital city) and arranged a meeting in bulgarian with our host via couchsurfing and gave us $$ for public transport.

2. It was a grind/crust festival in Chezc Republic in a middle of nowhere, the rain was pooring heavily, no traffic, nothing... so we got a ride from 2 ~40ish year old punkrockers, one of them was Slovakian other Polish, they drove us to Berlin to Kopi squat, gave us a room, free food, free beer, free entrance to a gig and next day shown us how to hitch out of berlin in direction of Netherlands...

simpletoremember

Reaction score
Second star to the right and straight on till morn
Website
myspace.com
yeah it's pretty normal for me (and anybody) hitching-hiking on the 101 to get kicked down: money, weed, beer, and hotel rooms... last fourth of july my friend and i got stuck in arcata... the guy who gave us a ride from crescent city said it was getting late and asked if we had a place to stay. kicked us down a hotel for the night... we went to safeway and celebrated our freedom by liberating a handle of whiskey.

also hitching from mephis to nola (which was a pain in the ass) we where in some shit whole town cops pull us over hands up 5 bucks a bag of chips, and like 7 redbulls. that was the first time a cop has actually been polite to me while on my travels... most just dick me around, or through me in jail.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads